parking in newquay cornwall (1 Viewer)

T

timmy

Deleted User
Hi.My name is karen and weve owned a motorhome for just over a year now.Were travelling down to newquay next week and quite like the idea of taking the motorhome off site and getting as near to the beach as possible.:Smile:Does anyone know if this is possible and what is the best beach for this as i fancy a bit of surfing:winky:Any replies would be truly grateful,thanks

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Karen and WELCOME to the fun.:winky:

Sorry can't help with your question but someone who can is bound to be along soon.

Hope your trip goes well

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Its' years since I've been in Newquay, used to camp there with my parents from around 1960 - 1970 then later on with my own camper van in the early 70s :Cool:...

From what I remember there is a car park at Crantock next to the beach behind the sand dunes.. at the mouth of the Gannel , don't know if it's still there..

newquay cornwall - Google Maps

The other beach which may have parking is Fristral Beach .. at the end of Headland Rd. This is where all the surfin dudes hang out .. and have surfing competitions.. :Cool:

but from what I've heard any parking in Newquay is expensive.. not far away there is great beach at Perranporth with parking

hth

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Details from the former Restormel Council Here.

Cornwall councils were rorganised in April and there is now a single authority covering the whole county. The new authority has details of Newquay car parks (including which can accommodate "campervans") Here.

Graham

Upvote 0

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
you will notice the .....no camping or overnight sleeping regulations on them all

if I am still there you will find me along the fistral beach road ....spending the night alongside a no camping or overnight sleeping sign ; wardens go off at 6 and the police have better things to do ; only a night or two though !

of course in the good old days it was impossible to get a spot due to the number of surfers sleeping there !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
parking

Hi
there is a beach park called fistrall bay stopped there all day last year a verry good location BUT BEWARE there are sly parking wardens and are in plain vehicles you will only have five min's to get your parking ticket':Doh::Doh::Doh: (clamp and fine}

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. you can park at fistral, port n several places north of nq. on the coast road. sleeping is a different story . best go down coast n look for pull ins it is poss but dificult. cheers alan.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back