Parking in Ironbridge (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2015
Ashbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 645
Exp
Since 2013
Hi. Has anyone recently parked overnight at the Station pub in Ironbridge. Any issues? I am due to be in Telford @ 9am the next morning to have a cruise cotrol fitted. It will be easier than travelling early morning from Ashbourne.
Mike

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Good move to get there the night before,traffic is horrendous round Telford at the moment due to roadworks.I would offer our drive in Newport but we met the queue a mile from home so gave up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
The car park outside the station pub / restaurant is a public, pay & display one. Never stayed there overnight (we only live a few miles away!) but I *think* it's got the usual "No overnight parking" rule. Telford & Wrekin Council website blurb (below) seems to back this up. As to if it's enforced or not - no idea, sorry.

If you just want a quiet spot, then look at Coalport (just along from Ironbridge) at the junction of "The Lloyds" and Coalport High Street (the name is deceiving, there's next to nothing there!) - click on the google streetview below:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...bfb6606f6!8m2!3d52.628385!4d-2.481324!6m1!1e1

See the parking sign pointing up to the left? There's a very quiet little free car park up there, I doubt you'd get disturbed, and it's right next to a footbridge over the river Severn which takes you to a nice pub! About 5 minutes drive from Dave Newell.

Alternatively, as someone said above, Severn Gorge campsite is right opposite Dave Newell.

Telford & Wrekin website says:-

Motorhomes
There are no dedicated parking spaces for motorhomes, however all the car parks within Telford and Wrekin can be used by motorhome owners; though if a vehicle takes up more than one parking bay in a charged car park, then pay and display tickets must be purchased for each bay and car park rules must be adhered to.

We have coach bays in Ironbridge which can also be used for motorhome parking.

Please note: over night parking is only permitted at Southwater multi-storey car park.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
If it's Dave Newell's that you're going to, I believe that the Cuckoo Oak, almost opposite his place, allows overnighting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back