Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Just a quickie.
Going to Hastings next weekend are there any motorhome 'friendly' parking areas in the town. Not camping there, just stopping for a few hours.
Cheers in advance
Best regards
Nik.

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Nik

Along the sea front on the right of the pier about a mile along,you'll see other campers and coaches .Or Alexander park which is closer to the shops.

Or you could come to much nicer and sunnier Bexhill

Matt

OP
OP
Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Thanks Matt
might get to Bexhill too as we've got the whole weekend down there.
Cheers
Nik.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Nik,
Be warned that all off-street parking in Hastings has height barriers! It's not motorhome friendly at all!!
There is a stretch of road between Grosvenor Crescent and the sea in St Leonards that has no height barriers and the parking is free. Otherwise you'll just be looking for a space along the sea front itself which, in Hastings, you will also have to pay for. I think it's 50p for 20 minutes.
As Matt says, there's a nice spot to park up in Bexhill at the eastern end of De La Warr Parade.
If you have some time to spare in Hastings then head up to Hastings Country Park at the top of Fairlight Road (head for Lower Coastguard Lane). £2/day to park and there are some nice walks and great views.
Bill

Last edited:

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Nik if you need anything just ask as we live in Bexhill

Matt

OP
OP
Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Thanks Matt.
This is our 2nd trip out so still in the finding out stage.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards
Nik.

Mrs rallycros

Free Member
Jun 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Hi Nik

Along the sea front on the right of the pier about a mile along,you'll see other campers and coaches .Or Alexander park which is closer to the shops.

Or you could come to much nicer and sunnier Bexhill

Matt

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Just to add:

If planning to visit a place worth ringing the local council parking dept for advice.

Live in Wiltshire so asked Wilts council about parking and ....... There isn't any...... BUT ring and ask, remember to ask about parking in coach bays and multiple bays.

Lots of places will help if you ring first. Have had much success in the past from asking the parking enforcement (warden) person where I could park and if any issues.

Be safe and fine free.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just to add:

If planning to visit a place worth ringing the local council parking dept for advice.

Live in Wiltshire so asked Wilts council about parking and ....... There isn't any...... BUT ring and ask, remember to ask about parking in coach bays and multiple bays.

Lots of places will help if you ring first. Have had much success in the past from asking the parking enforcement (warden) person where I could park and if any issues.

Be safe and fine free.
A few years back I emailed Chelmsford County Council. They failed to reply even with follow ups. I made an official complaint. They stated that staff are advised to ignore anyone asking for large vehicle or motorhome parking as you are assumed to be Itinerants.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
2015 post , reckon things have changed down there now eh?

But on the off chance someone knows if Hastings is motorhome friendly still I'd be interested.

Cheers

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
A few years back I emailed Chelmsford County Council. They failed to reply even with follow ups. I made an official complaint. They stated that staff are advised to ignore anyone asking for large vehicle or motorhome parking as you are assumed to be Itinerants.

Tis why a phone call is best and make sure you get a name who said XYZ so you have a path back if it goes haywire. Calls will be recorded so time & date. Gotcha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back