Parking in Chester (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
hi all, we are planning to go up to the Chester area at the weekend, as we haven't been there before. There are a couple of canal side stopovers on the MCC site which look ok, so will probably spend a couple of nights in these.
But, what's the parking like in Chester?
Seems there are height barriers on the P & Ride sites ?
Anyone know where to park a MH in Chexter, and is there any potential to overnight there.
Thanks again in advance.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Park at the Roodee, it's right in the centre,, you can stopover at night, can't remember the cost but it's reasonable.

There are always a couple of motorhomes parked up.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
As above, also the park and ride on Sealand Road has a dedicated area for motorhomes as soon as you go in it's on your left. The Roudee has a new ticketing system after 5 o'clock it's £1.50 for the night then in the morning normal car park charges apply, make sure you take your ticket from the bottom section of the machine when we were there someone had taken it from the top and been charged at a higher rate, it's all automated . Don't forget there is horse racing on at Chester this week end so it could be very busy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I stayed 4 nights at the rodee car park.
Worked our about £7 per 24 hours.
When you get to the barrier don't take ticket from the high machine. I understand it's for coaches and you be charged a coach rate.
Take it from the car one.
Also don't park in the coach spaces.
The loos are open in the day, I emptied my cassette in there. If you gave a radar key, you can access the loo 24 hours.
Short walk into Chester.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back