parking for motorhome aberdeen

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wildbill, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

going to Aberdeen tomorrow having to do induction so just wondering if any one knows of sum where i can park my motor home for two weeks after i have done my induction as i have to cover all expenses my shelf the money i save by staying in the van will go toward i nice holiday with it
    the cost of B&B in Aberdeen is scandalous even a rip off

2. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Think you may struggle as believe most of the sites are closed until March, Drumshadmuir is open all year but is about 1 hr south of Aberdeen, Nice site with a pub onsite and small shop.

3. philw111

philw111 Funster

Depends on where in Aberdeen you need to be and what sort of facilities you want.

There are a few campsites around the area that would be within reasonable commute. The only one we've stayed on is Silverbank CC site in Banchory but I don't think that's open until March. Try ukcampsite for others

Parking in the centre of Aberdeen is extremely limited for motorhomes. There are some on-street spaces but these fill up fairly quickly - you'd be better off on public transport.

I'd offer you a space outside our house but we're about 60 miles away from Aberdeen

Phil

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I used to park at the company's office car park when going off shore for two weeks. ..

Have you asked the company that is doing the induction ? They may have an office car park you could use.. or maybe know somewhere else..

5. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

not stayed but have found nigg park home estate open all year 01224 696679
    probably the closet to Aberdeen and advertised at £10 night

Parking in Aberdeen is very poor for MH's so agree with previous post try and use public transport

6. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

If you are in the centre of Aberdeen, there is plenty of (FREE) parking on beach boulevard. It is a bit exposed and I would not reccomend stying overnight but it is only a 20 minute walk into Union Street.
    If you are happy off site camping there are plenty of spacious lay byes off the road on the Peterhead/Fraserburgh Road heading north out of the city.

Norman

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

i will be camping in my van Saturday and Sunday night up near dyce then i was needing somewhere to park it for two week while i went offshore growing to park it at the air park dyce secure offshore parking thanks any way:thumb: