LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Psst. I didn't appeal but just totally ignored their demands. The letters ceased after about 2 months.
I'd parked on an Aldi car park and was shopping and also needed to see a member of management. That, coupled with the shopping and the long queue to get out, it appears that from the moment I entered the car park to exit, it was 93 minutes. 3 minutes over their time apparently and that justifies a £40.00 fine? Their car park wasn't full and required by other shoppers and there are vehicles in there for a full day every day. Anyway, I looked on various sites and a couple said ignore as appealing gives them a response, so I thought I'll go that way, keep my nerve and ignore increasingly threatening demands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Psst. I didn't appeal but just totally ignored their demands. The letters ceased after about 2 months.
I'd parked on an Aldi car park and was shopping and also needed to see a member of management. That, coupled with the shopping and the long queue to get out, it appears that from the moment I entered the car park to exit, it was 93 minutes. 3 minutes over their time apparently and that justifies a £40.00 fine? Their car park wasn't full and required by other shoppers and there are vehicles in there for a full day every day. Anyway, I looked on various sites and a couple said ignore as appealing gives them a response, so I thought I'll go that way, keep my nerve and ignore increasingly threatening demands.
Sounds like a good plan , but could this not effect your credit rating ? or else even worse them pass the debt onto the bailiffs ? , "bit like can't pay we will take it away" , im just glad we dont have half that shit over here in N.Ireland .

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Sounds like a good plan , but could this not effect your credit rating ? or else even worse them pass the debt onto the bailiffs ? , "bit like can't pay we will take it away" , im just glad we dont have half that shit over here in N.Ireland .

I understand that most companies don't bother with persuing the "fine" until they have accumulated several form the same vehicle. It isn't worth their while chasing a couple of invoices.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I think there is loads of advice about the said parking people online , anything published on this forum is published by in the end @Jim . Im sure he dont need anymore shite on his plate at the moment. Only my opinion (y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The old advise was ignore. It's an invoice NOT a fine.....

However... They won a judgement back in November 2015, supreme court I think, so if they do decide to come after anyone they will almost certainly make it stick..
Seen lots of comments on Facebook where people have had judgements against them...

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉

By coincidence I was talking with a traffic warden today
(seemed like a good guy)

Anyhow the subject of Parking Eye came up he said to totally ignore their
letters.
Apparently the contract is between the landowner & the driver
but the driver is not legally bound to admit he was driving
But the vehicle owner has no contract with landowner.

Well that's what he said (y)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
parking eye did win a judgement .It was controversial but did happen.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Strangely enough I did read that they could, if they decided, to take me to court. However, before that is likely, there were some very interesting tactics. I can't now remember exactly what but it meant Parking Eye supplying various information, at their cost and is not reclaimable from me even via the courts and it made it extremely unlikely they'd pursue something that would cost them a lot more money that they could possibly recoup.
That was one of the options. The others being explaining or appealing and to be honest I, at that time, decided ignoring was the preferred option because I didn't fancy the to and froing of letters etc.
It's a personal choice and that was mine at that time and whether I chose that route if it happened in the future, I can't say at this stage but I probably would.

OP
OP
tonyandcarol

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
My case was i got a puncture on the M3 south bound and managed to limp in to fleet services parked in the area for lorrys caravans and motor homes i called the RAC to change the wheel pleased i did. i could not move out of the car park till the wheel was changed which went over the 2 hours i all so bought food and wine from waitrose but paid cash i received a 100 pond fine i have finaly won the appeal but the wanted a lot of evidence. the break down report from the RAC was a big help.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Apparently if you break down at services let the shop know as they will then have secondary proof.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Strangely enough I did read that they could, if they decided, to take me to court. However, before that is likely, there were some very interesting tactics. I can't now remember exactly what but it meant Parking Eye supplying various information, at their cost and is not reclaimable from me even via the courts and it made it extremely unlikely they'd pursue something that would cost them a lot more money that they could possibly recoup.
That was one of the options. The others being explaining or appealing and to be honest I, at that time, decided ignoring was the preferred option because I didn't fancy the to and froing of letters etc.
It's a personal choice and that was mine at that time and whether I chose that route if it happened in the future, I can't say at this stage but I probably would.
You have to be carefull and differentiate these "private" parking fines from the official wardens as they can end up with the bailiff if you don't pay.

I had an "invoice" from a private parking firm and appealed but my reason for appeal was not on their form so they threw it out, they then started the threatening letters, court action etc, then a debt collection company but it was their company, they said it "could" go to court we could be made to pay costs of £25 plus the £80 fine, "give me a date Please as I want to go away in my motorhome" oh that would be a last resort they said and then sent a demand from another debt collector offering a pay now discount, they were still a company in their group so I ignored that as well, it took a year but after Christmas it all stopped.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back