Parking at Woking Crem?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dorwyn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

Old school pal's (Chiswick Poly) funeral a week on thursday, assume there is no height barrier there?

2. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

You should be able to see on google maps
    Or drop them a quick email
    I'm wondering why there would be a height restriction?

3. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

I had the same thought, not many people would want to stay there overnight. Although, having read of some wildcampers ...

4. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Horse drawn Hursts are high,so i would not think any height restrictions were in place,as the above post. If i have the misfortune to pass over,i want to arrive at the Crem. On the fifth wheel of a DAF XF,6x2 Super Space cab........... (After a blast up and down a M/way for an hour LOL)
    Tea Bag

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It doesn't appear so from Google Maps but there doesn't appear to be a lot of room either. Council web site says limited parking.

6. Petest

Petest Funster

I pass it quite often and it has a small capacity car park (or so it seems judging by the cars that can't get in).
    If you pass the creme with it on your left, there are residential roads off the next set of mini roundabouts. Could park there or a bit further up is a Wickes (on right hand side) and just behind the Wickes is a pub with a car park.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

Sounds good, I'll give it a go. When I last visited Woking, they were still on Pony and Traps! Wells, not quite, Ford Populars probably. I hadn't thought (yet) of checking on Google, it's a good idea to look. I was even thinking of hiring a small car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Petest

Petest Funster

Be careful going past the crem (when it's on your right). There's a fixed speed camera there

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've just had a look at my files. When I last contacted Woking Council (September 2013) they said that their car parks weren't suitable but advised that motorhome drivers should contact authority's in advance where they have specific requirements.
    As you are travelling a long distance they may well be able to make a one-off arrangement for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

Seems an inappropriate place to have one, perhaps their hearses are quicker there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Unfortunately I have been to Woking Crem many times. I doubt that you would be allowed to take a motor home into the car park as it is very small and because of the frequency of funerals there are usually double the amount of cars. There is a school opposite and they do allow you to park in there but not at school times. I think you will have to find some on street parking, not a problem but might entail a little walk.

Spongy

• Like Like x 1