Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Only three more weeks to go until we are off - yippee

We sail on Sunday 18th March Portsmouth to Santander at 11am but have been asked by Brittany ferries to be there early as Pete's is disablled and they want to load him near the lifts. The question is can we park on the port overnight I though I read somewhere you can. I could phone them but I thought someone on the forum would know or had done it.
Thanks

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We arrived at the port early evening for sailing the next day and friends of ours arrived even earlier. If you park to the left just inside you have no problems. Once the ferry before yours has gone, then you can start lining up to go through the kiosk. Good ferry terminal to use whilst parked there.
We went the disabled route as well, they put disabled ones in their own lane, can't complain about any of their services.

Just a few tips, spend £'s on board as dearer in Euros (food etc.)

We took a small electric kettle and tea/coffee to the cabin with us as not supplied. Also internet very expensive on board about €4 euros per hour.

Nigel and Pamala

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
overnight near terminal

There is a discreet 24hr car park next to the Portsmouth terminal, unless you are a local or work at the Whale Island navel base you wouldnt know about it.
you will need to follow instructions to the terminal as you come off the roundabout the road bears round to the left for the entrance.Turn right on the bend and follow signs for Whale Island. This is a secure navel base and the road only leads to the base. follow the road road and it bears to the left and the car park is before the bridge and next to a little cafe. it is about 2min from ferry entrance
the road is called Whale Island Way, I couldnt find the post code.

hope this helps some of you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
50°48'56.60"N 1° 5'27.60"W
These are the coordinates for the car park on Whale Island Way, we used it on our last visit.
Geoff.
(it's free too)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We were on the Cap Finistere a week or so ago, the food on board is quite expensive. £10 for full English breakfast, £29.50 for the evening dinner in the restaurant and £1.60 for a cup of coffee at the bar. At either side of the bar there is a micro wave oven, those in the know were taking their own food in microwaveable containers, heating it up and taking it to their cabin. On deck 10 which is partly open there is a snack bar, burger and chips were £5.60 I think, didn't spend too much time up there it was quite chilly outside.

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi

We normally use the same option as Sundowners, go into the terminal and park up on the left hand side of the holding area. Never had a problem, there are often several others parked up the same for early sailings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back