Parking at Portsmouth.

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by slverdreamers, Mar 2, 2012.

1. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

Only three more weeks to go until we are off - yippee

We sail on Sunday 18th March Portsmouth to Santander at 11am but have been asked by Brittany ferries to be there early as Pete's is disablled and they want to load him near the lifts. The question is can we park on the port overnight I though I read somewhere you can. I could phone them but I thought someone on the forum would know or had done it.
    Thanks

2. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We arrived at the port early evening for sailing the next day and friends of ours arrived even earlier. If you park to the left just inside you have no problems. Once the ferry before yours has gone, then you can start lining up to go through the kiosk. Good ferry terminal to use whilst parked there.
    We went the disabled route as well, they put disabled ones in their own lane, can't complain about any of their services.

Just a few tips, spend £'s on board as dearer in Euros (food etc.)

We took a small electric kettle and tea/coffee to the cabin with us as not supplied. Also internet very expensive on board about €4 euros per hour.

Nigel and Pamala

3. isitfriday

isitfriday Funster

overnight near terminal

There is a discreet 24hr car park next to the Portsmouth terminal, unless you are a local or work at the Whale Island navel base you wouldnt know about it.
    you will need to follow instructions to the terminal as you come off the roundabout the road bears round to the left for the entrance.Turn right on the bend and follow signs for Whale Island. This is a secure navel base and the road only leads to the base. follow the road road and it bears to the left and the car park is before the bridge and next to a little cafe. it is about 2min from ferry entrance
    the road is called Whale Island Way, I couldnt find the post code.

hope this helps some of you

4. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

50°48'56.60"N 1° 5'27.60"W
    These are the coordinates for the car park on Whale Island Way, we used it on our last visit.
    Geoff.
    (it's free too)

5. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

just park where you wont tell them yosser says its OK:Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We were on the Cap Finistere a week or so ago, the food on board is quite expensive. £10 for full English breakfast, £29.50 for the evening dinner in the restaurant and £1.60 for a cup of coffee at the bar. At either side of the bar there is a micro wave oven, those in the know were taking their own food in microwaveable containers, heating it up and taking it to their cabin. On deck 10 which is partly open there is a snack bar, burger and chips were £5.60 I think, didn't spend too much time up there it was quite chilly outside.

Brisey

7. Detnor

Detnor Funster

Hi

We normally use the same option as Sundowners, go into the terminal and park up on the left hand side of the holding area. Never had a problem, there are often several others parked up the same for early sailings.