Parking at Gatwick? (1 Viewer)

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
We're going on holiday at the end of March and flying from Gatwick. We've booked a hotel a couple of months ago which has 15 nights parking included but as of next month I will no longer have the car so we need another way of getting there (and back).

There are various options available to us in getting down there from Worcestershire, i.e. Train, National Express, paying someone to drive us there, or even one-way car hire, but we had also considered travelling down there in the MH if there is anywhere that can accommodate it? All the hotels/car parks so far I've managed to find using web searches specifically state no Motorhomes or Vans?

Any ideas anyone?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Amberley fields CC site, which is close to the runway have a large van storage area, so might let you store your van for two weeks. Tel: 01293 524 834
GPS: 51.142003,-0.202244

Olley

Last edited:

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Hi Amberley fields CC site, which is close to the runway have a large van storage area, so might let you store your van for two weeks. Tel: 01293 524 834
GPS: 51.142003,-0.202244

Olley

Olley's correct very close to runway, we used to store our motorhome there when we first got it. We have now moved it to Alderstead Heath CC.

The Wardens there are very friendly and helpfull, if you are going to stay there for a few nights be warned its very noisey at night!

Good pub next door that does food

Have a good holiday

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
:thumb: I have used the Amberly fields c.c.site when i flew out of gatwick to Florida. They were realy helpful they booked a taxi to take me to the air port and stored my motorhome for 21 nights. On my return they had my van out and set up on an emplacement electric hooked up and ready for me . I had been on an overnight flight on my return so they allowed me to get some sleep in the van before i set of on my long drive home. Can recommend them for a first class service ,olso it worked out a lot cheaper than some of the airport park and store places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
How did you get on with your storage. I'm also looking for somewhere near Gatwick.

T

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
How did you get on with your storage. I'm also looking for somewhere near Gatwick.

T

Good, Fantastic service from the warden's always willing to help and give advice.

Amberly Fields do storage it;s a CC site so you will have to be a member before you can apply to get storage £540pa not bad for secure storage also a wash bay and MH emptying point on site
::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We flew from Gatport Airwick last year and found the cheapest most convenient was to hire a car for both journeys

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009

T

For long term storage try
Willow CAravan Storage
Handcross Road, Plummers Plain, Horsham, RH13 6NX
01403 892 549

Secure 24 hour access good security, if you go in after 4:30pm have to ring security to say you are going in or you get a phone call to check up on you

ask for Eddie very helpful

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
I contacted the site, and yes they were really friendly & helpful. They said they could store the MH for £3 per night as long as we were CC Members (which we are).

Our flight is early Saturday morning and we thought of driving down on the Friday afternoon and staying on a pitch on the Friday evening, then putting it in storage very early next morning before we went to the airport by taxi. Unfortunately you have to drive your vehicle through the security barriers to gain access to the storage area and the barrier is locked until 8.00am. The site isn't prepared/able to drive the van from the pitch into storage for us after we've gone.

Sounded a good idea and would have worked had our flight been later in the morning. :Sad:

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
:thumb: I have used the Amberly fields c.c.site when i flew out of gatwick to Florida. They were realy helpful they booked a taxi to take me to the air port and stored my motorhome for 21 nights. On my return they had my van out and set up on an emplacement electric hooked up and ready for me . I had been on an overnight flight on my return so they allowed me to get some sleep in the van before i set of on my long drive home. Can recommend them for a first class service ,olso it worked out a lot cheaper than some of the airport park and store places.

Hi Ronny,

As per my recent posting, they must have had a change in policy as they weren't prepared to drive our van from a pitch into storage for us in order for us to depart early next morning by taxi.

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
We flew from Gatport Airwick last year and found the cheapest most convenient was to hire a car for both journeys

We were quoted £ 106.00 (each way) for hiring a Vauxhall Corsa from home to Gatwick and return.

£ 212.00 is a lot to pay, probably cheaper to go by Taxi! You have petrol cost on top of this of course!

Train would cost £ 50 return for the both of us plus Taxi from home to the station (£6.00 each way).

Mar 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr E560
The CC site at Gatwick is now £55/week for short term storage for CC members

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries