Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning all, we are going on our first trip to europe in the mh in a fortnight, could someone please tell me, can you still park on the front in dover?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi you two, we will be down there tonight, and on the 8.00 DFDS ferry in the morning.:thumb:
Not seen anything about not be allowed to park there, we will be heading to Germany. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Dover carpark overnight

I'm also going there tonight and I always stay overnight in the carpark on Maison Dieu Road. N51.22930 E1.39531 You can legally park overnight free of charge after 6pm as long as you leave by 9am the following day. At the most it's a 10 minute drive to the carferry. It's at the back of a Police Station and the carpark is also used by the Council's traffic wardens. There is CCTV also. I've always felt safe there and it's an easy walk to various takeaway shops if you're feeling peckish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
We always use Marine Parade, Had no problems so far and not heard anything has changed. This time next week we will be on our way there, Hoping to meet Brian and Joice (Icantremember) some where in France......:Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi you two, we will be down there tonight, and on the 8.00 DFDS ferry in the morning.:thumb:
Not seen anything about not be allowed to park there, we will be heading to Germany. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Ooooh - we'll be there on Tuesday night and off to Germany on Wednesday morning. Where abouts are you going? We are heading for Bavaria, then into Austria and sailing home on 5 October. I hope we see you somewhere en route. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Ivy, we have not planned a route yet, :Doh: but we come home on the 10th October and never do many miles in a day.:whatthe:
Should be following the Mosel weather permitting.:ROFLMAO: Bob.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Ivy, we have not planned a route yet, :Doh: but we come home on the 10th October and never do many miles in a day.:whatthe:
We are heading over on the 21st from Dover, also heading for the Mosel- ish, no forward planning as usual!:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You'd better believe it, look at the high water marks, I was standing at main road level.....

Attachments

• mos.jpg
    mos.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 62

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
The Mosel's lovely, especially at this time of year with the wine festivals and so on. Cochem is really nice and they have great ice cream. Just don't pick an apple from what looks like a wild tree. They all belong to someone apparently. We were there a couple of years ago. ::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
A German told me there's a great aire at Klusserath, although we didn't get there. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
OH no - I'm green with envy. Just been out to the van on the pretence of looking for something but I actually just sat there and then opened one or two cupboards. So peaceful. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mosel

Plan to leave Gutersloh for the Mosel either Thu or Frid depends on the vet!!:thumb:
First stop is ACSI site No 631 at Koblenz, then to Cochem on ACSI site No 621, on to Elinger ACSI site No 625.. Plan to stop at Stellplatzs at Bernkastel and Piesport, then ACSI site No 646 and then one off two Stellplatz at Trier.
SWMBO hasn't looked at this itinery yet so all may change:Eeek: I'm just the navigator as she loves to drive (She feels safer that way)
Following that we will pop into Luxembourg for a few days before heading down to Annacy.
After that??????????????????????:Eeek:
May see some off you en route:thumb:

Porscha

Free Member
Apr 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Parking a large MH with car on Marine Parade

Some advice please from those who have been to Marine Parade / Waterloo Crescent in Dover:

Will I be able to turn around a 30 foot long Mercedes RS Motorhome with Fiat 500 attached on an A Frame?? :Eeek: It does not reverse well so turning circle area is what I need to know.

Going soon so quick replies appreciated.......:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Ooooh - we'll be there on Tuesday night and off to Germany on Wednesday morning. Where abouts are you going? We are heading for Bavaria, then into Austria and sailing home on 5 October. I hope we see you somewhere en route. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Stiegkeller is a nice place to eat in Salzburg - views of city too which is nice. Food and drink are wonderful. I had a Goulash there as it was wet and cold when I was there - melted in your mouth!

If you head towards the castle, in Denny kluge (there is a little boy standing on a globe in the square) take the right fork up the hill (past Stiegkeller brewery) and it is up the hill on the right. Shuts early though, when I was there - they locked up at 9pm!:Eeek:

There is also lots of history around the city - tours are quite interesting too with Mozarts home etc.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Some advice please from those who have been to Marine Parade / Waterloo Crescent in Dover:

Will I be able to turn around a 30 foot long Mercedes RS Motorhome with Fiat 500 attached on an A Frame?? :Eeek: It does not reverse well so turning circle area is what I need to know.

Going soon so quick replies appreciated.......:thumb:

Marine parade Dover from 08;00am you need parking ticket from machine, long road quite empty but come in from western side , from A20 Road past meggar building on left over first roundabout onto second roundabout turn right or second exit then over bridge then left into Marine parade you will be able to park first 800m then easy left exit back onto main road to ferry docks.

Porscha

Free Member
Apr 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Many thanks to those who replied and pm'd me.

Much less stressful knowing I don't need to attempt to reverse this thing......::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Many thanks to those who replied and pm'd me.

Much less stressful knowing I don't need to attempt to reverse this thing......::bigsmile:

Take the opportunity - you will be near a big car park, late at night with not much around....nothing better to do! Go an practice for half an hour or so.:thumb:

Take a wrong turn on a foreign road and you will be glad you did practice.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Good morning all, we are going on our first trip to europe in the mh in a fortnight, could someone please tell me, can you still park on the front in dover?

You can also park at the port in France for free. They allow 14hrs, wether you're coming or going, and it feels safe because the ticket office is open all the time so there are staff around. We use the ticket office parking in both directions. Hope you have a great trip. Ed

Porscha

Free Member
Apr 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Take the opportunity - you will be near a big car park, late at night with not much around....nothing better to do! Go an practice for half an hour or so.:thumb:

Take a wrong turn on a foreign road and you will be glad you did practice.

Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear. I am capable of reversing a trailer but this is not a trailer, it is a braked A Frame connected to the Fiat's bumper support bar. They tend to have a mind of their own when trying to reverse!!! :whatthe:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear. I am capable of reversing a trailer but this is not a trailer, it is a braked A Frame connected to the Fiat's bumper support bar. They tend to have a mind of their own when trying to reverse!!! :whatthe:

Oh! I see!::bigsmile:

Yes, definitely a pain! Only thing worse than those is a little camping trailer you can't see!:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Ivy

Hi Ivy,
Forgot to ask when we saw you at Thetford...
Did you get to that site we sent you the info on outside Innsbruck?
Was it Natersee?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes, it was a lovely site. We were parked at the back, behind reception on the bottom row. I would suggest that if anyone else went there they go on the top row because you have a better view of the mountains but it was very beautiful. We walked round the whole site, over the bridge, but that top end was closed because it was in September, approaching the end of the season. The showers are almost the best I have seen. We also went on the bus into Innsbruck for a look round. Recommendations are always best.

::bigsmile: Ivy

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Glad you enjoyed it, Ivy.
We were parked on the top bit, close to the shower block.
Nice, but that hill is something!
We are from N. Lincs and opposite us were two vans, one from Doncaster and the other from Grimsby.
Cant get away at any price!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back