Paris vehicle anti-pollution stickers (Crit'Air) (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you are planning on driving within the Paris peripherique ring road ...

From Monday (I think they are referring to today, 16 January 2017), pollution spikes in Paris will see authorities restricting traffic by banning vehicles with various coloured stickers.

They'll start by banning level 5 vehicles - which are the most polluting - then they'll move downwards from there. The bans will apply for anywhere inside the peripherique ring road. The ban may also be adopted by other cities, starting with Grenoble.

Link Removed

Here's the site where you can select your sticker and have it sent to your home for around ā‚¬4.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20170116/paris-rolls-out-anti-pollution-stickers-for-all-vehicles

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All.. I have looked at the website as we use the car AND the van abroad; and [it might be me]but I am totally foxed. No idea how to work out what Euro Standard of the car or van is. It is not on the vehicle certification and the Audi website [sorry guys yes we drive Audis] is no help.
I did assume it was the by year of manufacture- but I and Sig Other have cars that fall in the same bandwidth- but mine has a catalytic converter and is less polluting; both cars have emissions at a rate that puts them into another band than the website suggests...
I also now worry about the other countries emission rules- do I have to have a separate sticker for every country?
I have tried to see what the van situation is but keep getting the LEZ london website and dont want that!
Any help welcome.. setting off for Grenoble in March........

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Having followed it through what sort of vehicle is a motorhome? Only cars, light vans >3.5t or trucks>3.5t
Any ideas?
We are over 3.5t (4.5t)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Having followed it through what sort of vehicle is a motorhome? Only cars, light vans >3.5t or trucks>3.5t
Any ideas?
We are over 3.5t (4.5t)

I think that it is based on the age as well. When was your vehicle made?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Its 2012/13 so a euro 5. But the form has a drop down menu that wants vehicle type and theres no motorhome so guess we are a light goods over 3.5t.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It asks details of vehicle emissions certificate,,what is that? BUSBY..

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I assumed when looking at the form that I am classed as a car as my V5 doc says private/light goods. Mine is Euro 5 but am I wrong as my vehicle is a PVC and could be considered a van under 3.5? I'm confused and haven't even thought how I can attach a copy of my reg document when using an I Pad to apply!!!!
Also am I right in assuming that reference to serial number is vin number?

Thankfully not needing for a few months by which time I'm hoping someone on here will have written an idiots guide!!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Something needs to be done to reduce the vehicle pollution in all cities. Not an easy pill to swallow but a necessity.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Paris like London and many other British cities have first class bus and rail networks, using a car in cities will become antisocial...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
But while you are allowing China, India other so called 'third world countries' to continue to build coal power stations , use refrigerants banned in the majority of the world , the U.S. to fail to implement the Kyoto agreement & drag there feet for decades & now to elect a climate change denier , there isn't really any point.
All that is happening, yet again, is the legal decent honest & truthful paying for the scum supposedly running the place & the dregs below.
It is just money making again.

Paris like London and many other British cities have first class bus and rail networks, using a car in cities will become antisocial...
Not a lot of use when you have a job in Shepherds Bush , another in Brixton & third in Putney , tools & equipment to carry. Public transport is only any use for people who work in one place & old people keeping warm& finding a shopping centre to pass the time every day.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Something needs to be done to reduce the vehicle pollution in all cities. Not an easy pill to swallow but a necessity.

Easy,,ban all private vehicles except disabled and make all PARK and RIDE free to everyone,,,,,BUSBY.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm confused and haven't even thought how I can attach a copy of my reg document when using an I Pad to apply!!!!

Hasn't your iPad got a camera - bet you didn't think of that.:ROFLMAO:

Yes I would put the Vin number in.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
But while you are allowing China, India other so called 'third world countries' to continue to build coal power stations , use refrigerants banned in the majority of the world , the U.S. to fail to implement the Kyoto agreement & drag there feet for decades & now to elect a climate change denier , there isn't really any point.
All that is happening, yet again, is the legal decent honest & truthful paying for the scum supposedly running the place & the dregs below.
It is just money making again.

Not a lot of use when you have a job in Shepherds Bush , another in Brixton & third in Putney , tools & equipment to carry. Public transport is only any use for people who work in one place & old people keeping warm& finding a shopping centre to pass the time every day.

It will have little to do with what others are doing. If you live in a heavy polluted city and it is affecting you health then you will vote for a council or mayor who will do something about it. I think world agreements are something different.

Obviously the bans will have to be realistic in allowing works vans etc but they will have to be less polluting vans..(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks @Lenny HB - yes I do and I have taken a photo but the website makes specific reference to jpeg format and size - and I don't have a 'scooby do' about such things!!!

From a confused I.T numpty!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I think the standard CrapPad photo format is jpeg. (Sorry I hate I iPads especially when I have to use the boss's)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Easy,,ban all private vehicles except disabled and make all PARK and RIDE free to everyone,,,,,BUSBY.
Why allow disabled vehicles, all taxis and public transport have facilities for disabled users.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think the standard CrapPad photo format is jpeg. (Sorry I hate I iPads especially when I have to use the boss's)
JPEG might be standard But it's easy to put a PDF in iBooks and then mail that if required.

Martin

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Well guys the form wouldn't accept the photo of my V5 so I guess I'm back to the drawing board! I'll wait until I can kidnap a child who will no doubt understand all this I T stuff! At least it isn't urgent.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I assumed when looking at the form that I am classed as a car as my V5 doc says private/light goods. Mine is Euro 5 but am I wrong as my vehicle is a PVC and could be considered a van under 3.5? I'm confused and haven't even thought how I can attach a copy of my reg document when using an I Pad to apply!!!!

Thankfully not needing for a few months by which time I'm hoping someone on here will have written an idiots guide!!
Would it not be easier just to stay out of Paris?

Martin

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Martin, you are quite right. I have no intention of going anywhere near Paris but I believe it applies to some other cities also. My intention is to steer clear of all major cities but if I get lost I don't want a fine!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Well guys the form wouldn't accept the photo of my V5 so I guess I'm back to the drawing board! I'll wait until I can kidnap a child who will no doubt understand all this I T stuff! At least it isn't urgent.
File size was probably too big, I assume you don't have a decent photo edit app on the iPad, you could download Google's Picasa then reduce the file size in that.

An easy cheat would be to take the photo from further away so the image is only about a quarter of the screen then use iPad's editor to crop it.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Helpful advice and answers on motorhome chat under the thread
How can i find out the Euro Emissions for my motorhome
sorry can't change font size - cut pasted heading in hope it would have a link.
Need a jpeg for the form... whatever that means... waiting for 12 yr old grandson to help me get sticker for car and van :LOL:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Sorry to confuse you Shirley - I'm no good at posting links. I think the equiv on the French site is a badge for type 2?? Will have another look.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Helpful advice and answers on motorhome chat under the thread
How can i find out the Euro Emissions for my motorhome
sorry can't change font size - cut pasted heading in hope it would have a link.
Need a jpeg for the form... whatever that means... waiting for 12 yr old grandson to help me get sticker for car and van :LOL:
You can't, the emissions for the base vehicle will be on the Fiat Certificate of Conformity, but Hymer's C of C superceeds that one and does not have the complete emission figures on it. With a vehicle registered as a Motor Caravan does not have emissions on the V5. When applying emissions stickers they go by the year of registration when no figures available.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I have tried filling form in,,all is well until i press final thing and it goes to my files page,,don't have a clue what to do then,,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back