Paris to introduce emissions stickers for all vehicles (1 Viewer)

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
Just been reading about the french introducing a new emission toll for Paris city centre; this is the general gist

• Petrol and diesel cars registered before 1997 are banned from the capital between 8am and 8pm
  • Failure to display a sticker will result in a fine of €68 and €135 (£58 to £117)
  • UK registered cars can be driven without one until March 31
  • A sticker costs around €3.70 (£3,20) – or €4.18 (£3.60) including postage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-4151434/Paris-introduces-new-eco-sticker-vehicles.html

Apparently the website is in french, but there will be an english version from 1st February. Had a quick look and it seems legit unless any Funsters know otherwise..

Ian

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Another "Euro-Tax" to boost the coffers via Bureaucratic restriction of movement. But not of detritus being shipped to the UK daily! (unfortunately). What the French do to-day, the rest of Europe`s "Jobsworths" will be doing tomorrow. (if not already?).

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
If you look at the order form (link on the other thread talking about this), it costs 29.65 euro.:eek:
I think that is a private website similar to others tha sell the German LEZ stickers making it convenient to order. If you buy from an official centre in France it's 4.18

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It is perfectly possible to completely by pass Lyon, using Autoroutes.

When heading South we normally travelled through Lyon itself, for a break from the Autoroute. In future we will by pass!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Well I read the article, but it's not clear to me how putting a sticker - whichever one it is - on your windscreen, actually reduces emissions in the city? Have I missed the point somewhere?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Well I read the article, but it's not clear to me how putting a sticker - whichever one it is - on your windscreen, actually reduces emissions in the city? Have I missed the point somewhere?
I take your point but, if you read the regulation, older vehicles cannot get a ticket so cannot enter the LEZ, as I read it anyway.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I take your point but, if you read the regulation, older vehicles cannot get a ticket so cannot enter the LEZ, as I read it anyway.
Indeed, I got that point - but whether you have a sticker CRIT'AIR 1; CRIT'AIR 2 or CRIT'AIR 3 ...etc - how does that reduce pollution?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Indeed, I got that point - but whether you have a sticker CRIT'AIR 1; CRIT'AIR 2 or CRIT'AIR 3 ...etc - how does that reduce pollution?
You're right, it doesn't.

Typical French ingenuity. Go partway to reduce emissions while taxing motorists to death.

However, in their usual way, the French will probably ignore any rule they don't agree with.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
You're right, it doesn't.

Typical French ingenuity. Go partway to reduce emissions while taxing motorists to death.

However, in their usual way, the French will probably ignore any rule they don't agree with.
Ah, I think I've got it!!

According to the RAC's description:

"On days in the cities where pollution levels are particularly high, it is those which emit the highest levels of harmful gasses which will be denied entry."

So presumably, the authorities will determine from day-to-day - dependent on air quality - what CRIT'AIR-level vehicles will be allowed.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Another "Euro-Tax" to boost the coffers via Bureaucratic restriction of movement. But not of detritus being shipped to the UK daily! (unfortunately). What the French do to-day, the rest of Europe`s "Jobsworths" will be doing tomorrow. (if not already?).

London Berlin and other cities have done it for years,,,makes no odds,,just use public transport,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Well according to the so called experts ,,if you plant a tree you can pollute,,I don't get it,,,BUSBY.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Hardly a big deal is it, and if it means its more pleasant to walk around cities where the air is cleaner because high emission vehicles are not allowed or restricted thats fine with me.
Couldn't agree more.

I'd just been struggling to get to grips with the exact operation of the scheme and how it would reduce pollution, but the RAC note helps explain.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why would you want to drive into Paris with a motorhome anyway ?
Phil mevanupwithwine
I did it once - never to be repeated - ended up in the narrowest street in the world with other half walking in front to see me through the very narrow gaps.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
London Berlin and other cities have done it for years,,,makes no odds,,just use public transport,,BUSBY.

To be fair, I go out of my way to avoid the likes of London, Paris, etc;. So I doubt if it will ever affect me. What does concern though is that with a disabled Wife, this creeping so called "Green" agenda, requiring more and more reliance upon "public" transport which can be difficult enough without having to take (as we would) 3 buses JUST to get to the Hospital in the centre of HULL. And because of timings, sit or stand about for hours in cold draughty conditions, waiting. The Bureaucratic self satisfied cretins, sat on their fat arses drinking tea and eating biscuits in heated offices, on my "Tax Dollars", NEVER consider that!.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
To be fair, I go out of my way to avoid the likes of London, Paris, etc;. So I doubt if it will ever affect me. What does concern though is that with a disabled Wife, this creeping so called "Green" agenda, requiring more and more reliance upon "public" transport which can be difficult enough without having to take (as we would) 3 buses JUST to get to the Hospital in the centre of HULL. And because of timings, sit or stand about for hours in cold draughty conditions, waiting. The Bureaucratic self satisfied cretins, sat on their fat arses drinking tea and eating biscuits in heated offices, on my "Tax Dollars", NEVER consider that!.

Might you consider a taxi if its not too far. Its warm and you don't wait around. You could use you car if you have one too, although you would probably pay a parking fee. There is also the option of the hospital car service. This might assist you

https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/getting-to-our-hospitals/help-with-hospital-transport/

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
France is doing what Germany's been doing for some time with its Umwelt stickers. I'd imagine before long there'll be zones based on your sticker number/colour and signs (possibly automated) to tell you where you can and can't go. They may vary with air pollution levels.

Our old MH had a yellow Umwelt sticker so we couldn't (in theory) drive it into a green zone. At present they allow 'corridors' if aires or campsites are within the green zone. I just wish SatNav systems would adapt to them.

It'd be a whole lot easier if they introduced a standard EU-wide system with just one sticker (NO NO Shock Horror Euro bureaucracy and corruption Rule Brexitannia God bless Nigel Farage etc etc) but until they do I suspect anybody touring Europe will just have to have a windscreen full of tags, vignettes, and emission stickers.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Might you consider a taxi if its not too far. Its warm and you don't wait around. You could use you car if you have one too, although you would probably pay a parking fee. There is also the option of the hospital car service. This might assist you

https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/getting-to-our-hospitals/help-with-hospital-transport/
Whilst i appreciate what you say. The taxi fare is in excess of £20 each way. Now we do use the car however if the PTB extend emission zones we could find ourselves being unable to attend clinics etc for the reasons I outlined. This is not NOW. But potentially a issue of any so called GREEN agenda. The policy of taxing the sick, AKA Hospital car parking is another issue.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
It is perfectly possible to completely by pass Lyon, using Autoroutes.

When heading South we normally travelled through Lyon itself, for a break from the Autoroute. In future we will by pass!
I spent a couple of days MH ing in Leon, nice city, pay the man!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like Dunkirk is on the target list for the next three years, so presumably plenty of Funsters who use that route to the continent would need the stickers in any case.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Looks like Dunkirk is on the target list for the next three years, so presumably plenty of Funsters who use that route to the continent would need the stickers in any case.

But you don't enter Calais on the road to and from the ferry,,can't see them shooting themselves in foot,,BUSBY

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
can't see them shooting themselves in foot,,BUSBY

Why Not? The French are Famous for it!. We are talking about the country who had to be "rescued" from the Germans (twice). And Thought for years the Msr N Bonaparte was the Answer to their Prayers?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Why would you want to drive into Paris with a motorhome anyway ?
Phil mevanupwithwine
]Why would you want to drive into Paris ? at any time.
Unless there is an exemption hidden away like the London ez.under 2,5 tonnes & diesel = euro 5.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: now I am dreaming. Public transport.:eek:

with 50,000 lorries passing through each day it's never going to reduce.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We are talking about the country who had to be "rescued" from the Germans (twice).

Although the first time their armed forces were more numerous than ours and they suffered more than twice as many combat casualties as the UK, so it's not like they did nothing to defend their own country is it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back