Paris sites

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gary217, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Gary217

Gary217 Funster

Hi - We're looking for recommendations for campsites to visit Paris on a quick two night stop-over. The one site we're fancying is Indigo which seems quite nice and close in but that raises two questions - is it a pig to drive to? Is it near Metro or train station (I can't find this on their site)?

Also any other recommendations welcomed - as it's a flying visit we would like to be within a fairly quick trip into Paris...but balanced with not spending 3 hours in traffic getting to it.

Thanks!

2. monaco/frankia

monaco/frankia Funster

Hi we stayed at this site at 3 different times very good bus service right outside camp gate takes you to the metro station runs every hour and costs 1 euro good site for Paris

Trevor

3. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

4. Gary217

Gary217 Funster

Thanks for the replies - I must admit I'd forgotten about Maisons-Laffitte...we stayed there 30 years ago with Canvas Holidays (where did they disappear to), it was a noisy night for us in a canvas tent as there was a bunch of students staying. So we got our son, who was three then, to clatter past their tents in the morning with his rattly trolley on the way to wash-up station.

Nice to have a choice of two - might do M-L for old times sake. Having said that, what are the sites like to drive to - especially how heavy is the traffic to get to them and away again?

5. xsparks

xsparks Funster

Still going strong.

6. Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho Funster

Hutopia at Versailles is OK. About a 20 minute walk through town to the metro takes about 40 mins into centre of paris. Reasonable site don't know if it is open all year. Versailles is very good. There is a 3M (I think) height restriction on one of the 2 lane carriageways heading for Versailles so worth researching that otherwise straight forward