PARIS CAMPSITES

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by karalal, Jul 3, 2016.

1. karalal

karalal Funster

Off to Lyon tomorrow to watch Wales on Wednesday just in case they win need to think about some sites near Paris any suggestions would be very helpful

2. Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho Funster

Look at website for a company called Hutopia. I stayed at their site in Versailes, pretty good standard although many of the pitches were not very level. they do have about a dozen sites in France so worth a look.

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Camping Bois de Boulogne.

4. spitfire

spitfire Funster

Stayed there twice . Is good but you need shuttle bus to the metro and not sure how late it runs. Camping Le Beau Village Paris is a bit further out but is cheaper and you can walk in minutes to the RER straight into Paris

5. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Camping international Maison Lafitte is nice, good public transport link. A few shops and a supermarket nearby.

6. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

we stayed at indigo in the bois de boulogne shuttle bus to the metro system every half hour

7. Photo4x4

Photo4x4 Funster

We stayed there last year and it was the most expensive AND the worst site we have ever stayed on! The pitches were small, close and VERY uneven. The service point was filthy with excrement splattered all over it. The showers and toilet block were dirty. The staff appeared to be students who have no idea about the needs of motor homes. We vowed that we would never return and were glad to get out of the place. :(

I did write and complain but never had a reply!

Our next stop was about 150 kilometres to the south at a wonderful place called 'Arnie the Duck'! I kid you not, the French spell it 'Arnay le Duc' though! :)

KH

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  8. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Another vote for Maison Lafiffe, 15 minutes walk to the rail station then 20 minutes into Paris. :)

9. Adbt

Adbt Funster

No idea about sites but as an English England supporting football fan I cannot tell you how much I want Wales to win this competition , you have been brilliant and I wish you and your boys ALL the best. Go Wales !

• Like Like x 2