Pans with removable handles

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by steveclecy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

In the search for more space, I thought how much cupboard space was being wasted by our supermarket pans, and wondered whether there was anyone who made reasonably priced and reasonable quality pans with removable handles. A Google search found these but we don't need 4 pans and we don't need to spend £70 or so and still the frying pan to find (although a normal one could be at the bottom of the pile).

We don't like "camping" style stuff - in fact hate plastic plates, cups and glasses with a passion.

Steve

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

This does not meet your brief of removable handles, but others have spoken highly of the double skillet as a space-saving solution to cooking pans.

http://www.doubleskillet.com/

We don't have these, but if replacing our present saucepans and frying pan, I would certainly consider them.

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Hacksaw???

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The handles on the Double Skillet are removable - see the demonstration on the web site.

We bought ours (large version) 3 years or so ago and wouldn't be without it. So much so that we intend buying the smaller version at Knutsford for when we have family with us who want feeding.

5. Les

Les Funster

Pans with folding handles

Argos are doing folding handle Tefnol pans 3 for £40 ish
    Tefal Compact Non-Stick 3 Piece Pan Set. sku: 861/2517
    hope this may help

Les

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ven

Ven Funster

We've got the Tefal folding handle saucepans & frying pans and whilst they were definitely not cheap they are very good quality and definitely save space. We've been using them daily for 2 years and they are still as good as new.

Debenhams occasionally have 3 for 2 offers on them.

7. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Thanks all, rather like the look of the Tefal pans with rotating handles.

Steve

8. Gooney

Gooney Funster

This double skillet is brilliant, I bought a set many years ago but let it go with my caravan when I gave up tugging about 4 years ago, I saw them again at the Northern show last year and immediately bought another set, does every thing it shows on the video and Im sure the 2 ladies will be demonstrating and selling at this years show. :thumb::thumb:

9. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

I cant find a link for them , but we have had a set of Tefal green non stick stackable pans for about 10 years now.
    3 pans and a small frying pan with a lid that's used as a strainer for rice and pasta , and 1 handle that can clip on all of them.
    They all stack together and fit into a canvas bag. We paid about £35 , which was a lot to us back then , but we have certainly had our monies worth. We have used it with the tents , caravans and now the motorhome.

10. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

We had our first set 24 years ago

We had our first set (still in use) 24 years ago from the Stratford on Avon show.. now they make two sizes and we have the smaller one as well as the larger set.. it is a double pan, which can be used as a mini oven or frying pans and you can remove the handles.. not cheap but are very good. Have even managed to get replacement handles when Sue left one over an lighted grill a while back.. the handles are held in place by a push in spring.. they also do glass lids for them.

Recommended

Bob:thumb: