Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
In the search for more space, I thought how much cupboard space was being wasted by our supermarket pans, and wondered whether there was anyone who made reasonably priced and reasonable quality pans with removable handles. A Google search foundLink Removed but we don't need 4 pans and we don't need to spend £70 or so and still the frying pan to find (although a normal one could be at the bottom of the pile).

We don't like "camping" style stuff - in fact hate plastic plates, cups and glasses with a passion.

Steve

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This does not meet your brief of removable handles, but others have spoken highly of the double skillet as a space-saving solution to cooking pans.

http://www.doubleskillet.com/

We don't have these, but if replacing our present saucepans and frying pan, I would certainly consider them.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
In the search for more space, I thought how much cupboard space was being wasted by our supermarket pans, and wondered whether there was anyone who made reasonably priced and reasonable quality pans with removable handles. A Google search foundLink Removed but we don't need 4 pans and we don't need to spend £70 or so and still the frying pan to find (although a normal one could be at the bottom of the pile).

We don't like "camping" style stuff - in fact hate plastic plates, cups and glasses with a passion.

Steve

Hacksaw???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The handles on the Double Skillet are removable - see the demonstration on the web site.

We bought ours (large version) 3 years or so ago and wouldn't be without it. So much so that we intend buying the smaller version at Knutsford for when we have family with us who want feeding.

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Pans with folding handles

Argos are doing folding handle Tefnol pans 3 for £40 ish
Tefal Compact Non-Stick 3 Piece Pan Set. sku: 861/2517
hope this may help

Les

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We've got the Tefal folding handle saucepans & frying pans and whilst they were definitely not cheap they are very good quality and definitely save space. We've been using them daily for 2 years and they are still as good as new.

Debenhams occasionally have 3 for 2 offers on them.

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Thanks all, rather like the look of the Tefal pans with rotating handles.

Steve

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
This does not meet your brief of removable handles, but others have spoken highly of the double skillet as a space-saving solution to cooking pans.

We don't have these, but if replacing our present saucepans and frying pan, I would certainly consider them.

This double skillet is brilliant, I bought a set many years ago but let it go with my caravan when I gave up tugging about 4 years ago, I saw them again at the Northern show last year and immediately bought another set, does every thing it shows on the video and Im sure the 2 ladies will be demonstrating and selling at this years show. :thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I cant find a link for them , but we have had a set of Tefal green non stick stackable pans for about 10 years now.
3 pans and a small frying pan with a lid that's used as a strainer for rice and pasta , and 1 handle that can clip on all of them.
They all stack together and fit into a canvas bag. We paid about £35 , which was a lot to us back then , but we have certainly had our monies worth. We have used it with the tents , caravans and now the motorhome.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We had our first set 24 years ago

We had our first set (still in use) 24 years ago from the Stratford on Avon show.. now they make two sizes and we have the smaller one as well as the larger set.. it is a double pan, which can be used as a mini oven or frying pans and you can remove the handles.. not cheap but are very good. Have even managed to get replacement handles when Sue left one over an lighted grill a while back.. the handles are held in place by a push in spring.. they also do glass lids for them.

Recommended

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back