LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I can't remember the last time I had a pasty from Greggs - but that's because I refuse to shop there. Greggs are the Tesco Metro of the bakery world, opening up shops and undercutting small local bakers, putting them out of business. Their products are rubbish an' all :roflmto:

I was just being topical, dont really eat them, doctors orders:cry:

dont stop me drinking wine mind....I have a Nelsons ear sometimes:RollEyes:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Bloody panic buyers.:Eeek:
There were 4 cars in our village petrol station this morning :whatthe: bugger that I'm not queing wait until tomorrow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well shot myself in the foot now, our local village garage has run out of fuel as all the tossers from the nearest town have come out and bought all the bloody fuel. In the nearest town its gone uo 2p a litre today:shout: and 3 out of the 4 garages are out of fuel. Luckily my little kawasaki has a nearly full tank so can get about if we need to, not sure about Chester next week as I don't think we could go there and back on a full tank even if we had one:Doh:
What a crazy state of affairs, this country gets madder by the day.:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I keep the RV tanks full

I did not have to worry about the RV... I keep the tank full.. it would kill me if I had to fill from empty £500 worth... so I tend to top it off at around £100 to £120 a time...

The car had a half tank and Sue's Smart was near empty... went past Sainsbury's in Tonbridge this morning at 9 a.m and long queue... Sue dropped me off at the office need to be at and went via the main road back and had no trouble getting fuel on the way home, and still at 1.39 on the A21... she left it until half an hour ago went in to Tunbridge Wells, and the garage was empty but 1p more a ltr .. so both cars full and the RV, but as said I keep the RV full of fuel and LPG (always ready to roll if need be ... but have no water on board yet).

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Just a thought;
Who is the biggest gain with 80% increase in sales.
Government, 80% extra Tax.
Who Whipped up the anxiety about fuel shortage;
Government.

Its a great big SCAM to bring in more TAX.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just a thought;
Who is the biggest gain with 80% increase in sales.
Government, 80% extra Tax.
Who Whipped up the anxiety about fuel shortage;
Government.

Its a great big SCAM to bring in more TAX.

I don't think it is unless you use more fuel. There will be a similar downturn in demand once the strike is over cos everyone will have full tanks and won't need to fill up.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
What Strike. No one has declared a strike. Its this Brilliant Government that is screaming STRIKE.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I did read that the capacity of the vehicles in UK is about 4 times the capacity of the filling stations so if everyone fills up in advance of the anticipated 3 day strikes then they will have a very limited effect as the average person fills up once a fortnight.... Short term panic buying now and no adverse effect caused by the strike. Perhaps not so daft after all. Just a thought, so don't shoot me down in flames for supporting one side or the other.

Drove up from Suffolk to Ellesmere Port and big queues here in EP as reported, so simply filled up on the A50 near Uttoxeter at a Shell station with only three other vehicles. No problem.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was at the garage yesterday morning to get my paper and pasty before going to the mechanic to get mot work done. Should have filled up then.

Two petrol stations in Louth. One has run out and apparently there were scuffles. The other is having problems with access as they have the entrance and exit arse about tit. They have also taken advantage of the situation by putting the price up today.....

I have quarter of a tank left and need to get to Grimsby then coningsby then Retford on Monday. I hope I can find some fuel tomorrow.

The ones like me who don't panic buy do tend to suffer occasionally :Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: government wanted a mild panic to increase the stocks held by consumers so minimise problems in event of a real strike.... Makes sense.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
, £70 in the jag, £70 in the wifes focus and now off to fill the motorhome:cry: although i will be driving company vehicle to Newcastle, Leeds, Bradford, Manchester, Collingham, Sheffield and Chester next week so im sure to be caught out somewhere along the way:Doh:and once home we're off to Cornwall for the long weekend.

:thumb:No Queues Here Yet:thumb:

:Cool:ROB LOVES TO DRIVE:Cool:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I did try to fill up the camper tank this morning but they were queueing off the forecourt so I turned around and went back to work. We have half a tank in the camper (last filled up at new year) which will get us to Chester and back next weekend, my Focus diesel has a half tank full which at present consumption rates should last me till late June and J's Focus diesel was filled last weekend so is good for the biggest part of a month. Carbon footprint, what's that then?

D.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
PS: government wanted a mild panic to increase the stocks held by consumers so minimise problems in event of a real strike.... Makes sense.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gromett some times you crease me up....:thumb::thumb:

Only you oh and possibly (graham GJH) could take a monumental governmental cock up and turn it in to a victory for a Conservative Government :thumb::thumb:

You my friend are completely wasted in your world, In fact, after that statement, I would even vote for you my self. :thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Only you oh and possibly (graham GJH) could take a monumental governmental cock up and turn it in to a victory for a Conservative Government

Cameron was asked a question, Paul. What was he supposed to say? No comment? If something other than what he did say then what should it have been?

How many ministers (or other politicians of any party for that matter) have pushed/dragged people into panic buying?

The mistake Cameron made was to imagine that a large proportion of British adults could be trusted to behave as if they were grown up and responsible.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
On a lighter note, this tickled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• beer shortages.jpg
    beer shortages.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 40

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
gotta blame the tanker drivers really .they say fuel companies are treating them right .so leave .hand your notice in . they are holding the country to ransom if they go on strike . any one with any sense will fill up and then the strike will have no effect.
i say anyone thats not happy in their job only as to tell their employer to stuff it and leave .
unions have crippled british industry continuously for decades .about time folk got wise to it.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Panic buying and many garages closed in Newcastle today. Went to garage just off the A1 at Morpeth on way home - closed as no fuel! Went onwards to Berwick and plenty of fuel at Morrisons. Once home got the other car out and went back to Morrisons and filled it up as need to take it to garage tomorrow - on yellow light and fuel indicated 60 miles to empty tank. As the garage is 98 miles away guess I did really need to fill up!

As I currently have a 150 mile round trip to work every day think I may have to get the train a few times next week!

Kath & Howie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Cameron was asked a question, Paul. What was he supposed to say? No comment? If something other than what he did say then what should it have been?

How many ministers (or other politicians of any party for that matter) have pushed/dragged people into panic buying?

The mistake Cameron made was to imagine that a large proportion of British adults could be trusted to behave as if they were grown up and responsible.

WRONG

He was asked because one of his ministers Cocked up... Advice given that the AA, the Fire Brigade, The RAC and even the Tory Blog admitted was fool hardy.
No where did I state that it was Mr Cameroon was at fault, I stated the Government was at fault. They have handled this extremely badly, they have misjudged the British people, the have misjudged the Press because they are so out of touch with reality.

I find the whole sittuation laughable, no strike, no idea of when a strike would take place, yet still the advice given ...

PANIC BUY GUYS BUT DO IT SLOWLY AND GENTLY :ROFLMAO:

What a couple of clowns :ROFLMAO: (not you and Gromett) all the government, even a labour leader that still will NOT condem the strike that could bring the country to its knees just when things were begining to feel a little better.

What I find truly amazing is that even as a Tory voter, my wife can see they have got things wrong. Look out side your windows at you filling station, People fighting on the streets to get petrol and I mean literally fighting, and you are giving this government 10 out of 10...

Surely, you can not be serious, even the most avid tory supporter(s) are blogging OH boy, I think we are in trouble.

The local elections are only weeks away, we might just see what the country think of whats happening, a snap shot of what the real mood is. I have no predictions, other than to say that the way they have created and handled this mess will possibly let an even worse party in.:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I wonder how much the drivers of these tankers get Link Removed

Makes the Unite members jobs look a little less dangerous to me:Doh:

Every day British soldiers drive with supplies in a dangerous place these:censored:2 tanker drivers do not know what danger is,they need to stand up to the Union and make them do the job they are paid to do negotiations have they not heard we are at war and the country is bloody broke

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The jobs not dangerous and thats not what its about, its about creating a closed shop to protect their overpaid jobs from competition.:hardhat::hardhat:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
dont panic i am sure we will have
a good number of left hand drive foreign vehicles
delivering petrol/diesel to a forecourt near you
when profit is endangered.

trouble is the workforce
dosnt see the the thin end of the wedge till
they look backwards and its to late
then start saying that WAS a good job

anyway about this dole que where is the back please

:thumb::Eeek::cry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gromett some times you crease me up....:thumb::thumb:

Only you oh and possibly (graham GJH) could take a monumental governmental cock up and turn it in to a victory for a Conservative Government :thumb::thumb:

You my friend are completely wasted in your world, In fact, after that statement, I would even vote for you my self. :thumb::thumb:

I didn't say they did it very well. It is just one of the conspiracy theories going around.

What with the Granny Tax, The pasty Tax and now the Fuel Panic.

If anyone in future accuses the government of being devious and underhanded just ask them... Are they really devious or really stupid :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They can't be both...

The other theory doing the rounds is.. They fear that we may have lower than expect Q4 GDP figures. Cause a panic so that gdp increases for this quarter thus avoiding a double dip recession. Again, are they this smart or just really stupid you decide :winky::ROFLMAO:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Pandemonium! .........Self inflicted stupidity! ............l have never seen anything like this crap! Even on the IOM some idiots are 'panic buying' Our fuel comes in by sea! No shortage, no problems with tanker drivers, no chance of running out of fuel.
The government caused this load of bo££ox and are reaping the benefits. And the stupid morons that fill up their tanks and jerry cans should be ashamed of themselves! Period!
Low lives queueing for an hour to top up with a tenner! What's all that about???
Do they think that they will be able to drive for the rest of their lives if they fill up to the brim?
I have seen more intelligent things at the bottom of ponds! Get a grip!

Craig

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Pandemonium! .........Self inflicted stupidity! ............l have never seen anything like this crap! Even on the IOM some idiots are 'panic buying' Our fuel comes in by sea! No shortage, no problems with tanker drivers, no chance of running out of fuel.
The government caused this load of bo££ox and are reaping the benefits. And the stupid morons that fill up their tanks and jerry cans should be ashamed of themselves! Period!
Low lives queueing for an hour to top up with a tenner! What's all that about???
Do they think that they will be able to drive for the rest of their lives if they fill up to the brim?
I have seen more intelligent things at the bottom of ponds! Get a grip!

Craig

Craig
Could you just clarify your position on the panic buying public for me? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back