Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
O.K. so how many have joined the mass hysteria of panic buying.
The wife has, 7am this morning, 'Get up we need diesel' no we don't,
yes we do going away at weekend and there will be none left! (thinking keep the peace Geoff) off we went to find a long queue at the local village petrol station.
No wonder stations are running out,and now I'm one of the contributors to the mayhem:Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Seems odd, but there is some sense in everyone having a full tank in advance of a strike , it would minimise the impact. It does in the short term create a supply problem.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's a no win situation...
We just back from Marjal rally, daughter has conveniently left both cars almost on empty so we have to fill them anyway.. Usually I would go 1/2 a tank but as they mentioned the strike, what did we do.. Fill to the brim....

Gotta go fill my petol cans later,,, Dont know what I will do it I cant get the Lawn mower going !!!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The only problem I can see is thieves will not want to pay for fuel and will know this and will be more keen to steal our fuel so we are making sure our fuel tank is locked.:Angry::Angry:

We are waiting till the weekend to get ours all the cars will be full then and as they are not on strike for 7 days anyway, the forecourts will get refueled before then, the fuel stations must be laughing, all this extra business!!!!

If I am wrong we are not going anywhere, ha ha

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The only problem I can see is thieves will not want to pay for fuel and will know this and will be more keen to steal our fuel so we are making sure our fuel tank is locked.:Angry::Angry:

We are waiting till the weekend to get ours all the cars will be full then and as they are not on strike for 7 days anyway, the forecourts will get refueled before then, the fuel stations must be laughing, all this extra business!!!!

Im not aware that they have even announced a strike yet, if and when they do, they have to give at LEAST 7 days notice we might get a months notice
Or have i missed something:Doh:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Im not aware that they have even announced a strike yet, if and when they do, they have to give at LEAST 7 days notice we might get a months notice
Or have i missed something:Doh:

Yes sorry me misquoting, see how rumours start !!!:RollEyes:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
The roads are total mayhem around the Sainsburys petrol station near me. It has caused traffic chaos this morning. The most expensive garage near me must be thinking its Christmas, normally hardly a car in sight, this morning queuing.

I have half a tank in my car if I run out I run out - However I am feeling a bit uneasy about not having enough diesel in the Motorhome to get us to the Tunnel on Thursday.

Decisions Decisions should I panic now or really panic next Thursday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Your all fools ::bigsmile: I filled my tanks on Monday :ROFLMAO: Both truck and van were close to empty so was filling anyway. :winky:
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Daren't fill the RV:Eeek:
That causes a fuel shortage in Mansfield every time i do:Doh:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The only problem I can see is thieves will not want to pay for fuel and will know this and will be more keen to steal our fuel [HI]so we are making sure our fuel tank is locked[/HI].:Angry::Angry:

Unfotunately just keeping the tank locked does not always deter the Ba$tards as they will just punch a hole in the tank:Angry:......

......and probably nick your cat while they are under there:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Unfotunately just keeping the tank locked does not always deter the Ba$tards as they will just punch a hole in the tank:Angry:......

......and probably nick your cat while they are under there:Doh:

Best tie the dog to the bumper to look after the cat then :roflmto:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Get your vans filled before Smudger does... he has just had a long range fuel tank fitted on his Monster...

... a one man fuel shortage in the area after he fills up... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Shove the queues! there isn't even a strike yet!, and if the RV runs dry, i will relax and put my feet up in comfort somewhere nice and put kettle on. There's nowt like a good brew.

Craig

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Bills just gone to fill the motorhome. Rang morrisons to see if there was deisil, we are rural and its a long way to go if the tanks are dry, poor girl she was nearly crying. She said yes, but the quewes are terrible and people are getting anoyed. she sounded very stressed.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No panic from me.

I rushed out and filled both cars as soon as that Tory tw@t opened his mouth.

Nice and empty it was:thumb:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
did hear somwhere that the hose pipe ban may effect us filling up the motorhomes with water? anyone else heard about it?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
did hear somwhere that the hose pipe ban may effect us filling up the motorhomes with water? anyone else heard about it?

That in itself could cause a run on watering cans.

Just off to the shop:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Reading on another forum who have contacted various water providers and there is no problem filling up your Motorhome with a hosepipe.:thumb:
Hope this saves a panic buy on watering cans at Wilko's:Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are heading for France tomorrow and only have a 1/4 tank so think i better fill up before we go just incase:ROFLMAO:

I did however fill the scooter up the other day so that should last me to about July :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And when they have their tanks full they may then start panic buying sugar,toilet rolls and bread!:Angry:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Bloody panic buyers.:Eeek:
There were 4 cars in our village petrol station this morning :whatthe: bugger that I'm not queing wait until tomorrow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've been out and filled 'Shirley' up this morning - had to queue for about 10 minutes.

We had enough fuel to get to Chester next week, but may have needed a tow-truck to get home :Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We are heading for France tomorrow and only have a 1/4 tank so think i better fill up before we go just incase:ROFLMAO:

I did however fill the scooter up the other day so that should last me to about July :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Look out Morrisons and Tesco in Dumfries then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We paid £1.52.9 a litre the other day, it's gone up around here, can only get worse. But at least Bill got the air for free!!

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Went and filled the MH up early this morning and there was quite a queue already. Not bothered with the two cars, if we run out then we run out and will have to walk or bike (that would be a laugh, me on a bike don't mix very well) So as long as we got fuel to go away with next weekend in the MH then there is no panic for us.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
filled up motorhome

filled up car

filled up wifes car

no money left for Greggs pastis now:Angry:

perhaps that a good thing, according to my wiegh scales:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
no money left for Greggs pastis now:Angry:

I can't remember the last time I had a pasty from Greggs - but that's because I refuse to shop there. Greggs are the Tesco Metro of the bakery world, opening up shops and undercutting small local bakers, putting them out of business. Their products are rubbish an' all :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back