Panel van rear doors - getting fresh air at night (1 Viewer)

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have a campervan based on the (now) older style van - 2008.

When abroad and when the night time temperatures are very high it would be great to have the rear doors open a crack and yet secure.

I have seen, somewhere, that a plate of some kind was available (for Peugeot vans?) to do this.

Can anyone shed any light on this mod or suggest other methods to do this?

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I dont know about the rear doors but cant you fit roof vents and maybe a roof fan.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
O

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have fitted a roof vent with a fan but this has two drawbacks. One the fan is quite noisy (I have another post relating to the noise) and two there is a need for some low level ventilation.

I can live with the current situation quite happily but I was wondering if I could improve it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
while we were at waddington air show camped up ,the van at the side of us was a vw panel van he had 2 metal plates with air vents in them that fitted in the front doors , you wound the window down fitted the plates and then wound the window back up, very secure and he left them in all weekend , he also mentioned he had a plate for the back doors , perhaps a look on the vw camper van forums
here you go for the window air vent
Link Removed

Link Removed

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Maybe you could fit some low level grills in the side of the van, the sought that security vehicles use.

Then you could close and lock the covering shutters whilst driving and open them of a night time when asleep.

Just a thought.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back