Panel Not Charging

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by wasp, Jun 16, 2015.

1. wasp

wasp Funster

I fitted a panel on the rv about three weeks ago and it seemed to be fine, however when I Went down to the storage yard where I keep it the battery is only showing 11.5 volts Sooo is the controller kanackerd or is it the battery, the controller was already on there as it previously had a panel on and I just connected it up. Any ideas will there be any clever peeps at Stratford cos I might be ear bending ;);););););););)

2. teensvan99

teensvan99 Funster

Hi. Disconnect the panel leads from charger and put multi meter across it Open voltage should be about 19 volts. If not panel could be US. Please do this in the sun. If 19 volts re connect to charger and disconnect battery leads from charger and test again should still be about 19 volts. If not charger US. Recharge battery and re connect all up and see if panel keeps battery at 13.7 volts. If not battery US. Just noticed my wifi has gone down so god knows when this will go. 7.33pm

steve & ann. ----------- teensvan

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

could be you need to reset the controller or it could be fubar

• Like Like x 1
  4. wasp

wasp Funster

Can`t see a reset button and when I checked there was 15 volts coming off the panel but the battery only showing 11