Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Triango CI Cipro55
Exp
3 years
Wonder if anyone can help me to wire this up. Bought from China on eBay but a bit confused with instructions see pictures. It says connect the meter in series with load is charger the picture shows two figures for charging and discharging . I have a battery to battery charger from vehicle to Leasure batts thank John.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 73

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Can't help but you might want to edit your photos. You have included a copy of an invoice to Blackpool Tower that includes your name, phone number and email.(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
first pic explains it clearly except the charging pic has the battery and charger on the wrong terminals.
the battery needs to be on the output terminals and the charger on the input terminals.

EITHER charge current/volts OR discharge current/volts,,,but not possible to show both alternately without some kind of cross switching in the wiring..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jordano

jordano

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Triango CI Cipro55
Exp
3 years
Must be getting old putting wrong pics up thanks for replies

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
first pic explains it clearly except the charging pic has the battery and charger on the wrong terminals.
the battery needs to be on the output terminals and the charger on the input terminals.

EITHER charge current/volts OR discharge current/volts,,,but not possible to show both alternately without some kind of cross switching in the wiring..
I don't think it's trying to show both alternately. I agree the diagrams could be clearer, but I imagine what the meter is designed to show is net current flow either in or out.

Bit of a guessing game without seeing the full instructions. It looks an unconventional way to wire an ammeter though - you would expect it to be measuring voltage drop across a remote shunt rather than having the whole current passing through the meter itself.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have the same unit.
You need to fit the shunt in-line with the battery negative, and connect 3 wires to the shunt, 2 to one side and 3rd one to the other side, full instructions should make it clear, if it is the same model as mine you can power it from the same source that it is monitoring so just need to feed a 12v supply to V+ and link to V in.

@pappajohn, this unit shows charge & discharge if wired correctly, discharge the "A" Led is lit, charging the "Charging" Led is lit. Can also be set to watts instead of volts, and you can program the A/H capacity of your battery and if will display % of charge. Not bad for 20 quid, only downside is the sample rate is set at 5 per second, so the display is constantly flickering

Battery meter.jpg

P1050070.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
jordano

jordano

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Triango CI Cipro55
Exp
3 years
Thanks for replies mine has a shunt built in i have drawn a crude diagram of the way I think it wires up and on test does seem to work should I put fuses on the live feeds?.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 11

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back