Panel light on whilst driving? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
A few years ago, I arrived at a Rally site and found that I had blown some fuses. This was immediately after having had the vehicle serviced and I noticed that they had left the panel light on.
Since that day, I have always thought that to be the cause of the blow and have always turned the panel off before starting up and driving. Some MH acquaintances have told me that it is not a problem at all to keep the panel on when you start up and drive but my fear is too inbred too try it.
Can any electrics expert guide me on this please?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
If you mean the control panel, then should not be a problem. Mine is on 247 /365. I believe that in the UK the control panel switches off the 12volt in the hab area whilst driving. In Spain the power supply is on all the time the control panel is switched on. This is very handy for charging items whilst mobile.

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
If you mean the control panel, then should not be a problem. Mine is on 247 /365. I believe that in the UK the control panel switches off the 12volt in the hab area whilst driving. In Spain the power supply is on all the time the control panel is switched on. This is very handy for charging items whilst mobile.

Thanks. Had it been possible, I would have liked to charge mobiles etc in the hab area whilst driving but if in UK it is switched off then we can't.
Sorry for late reply and thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

swidy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
wakefield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
I am interested to know how the moho knows what country its in if the panel goes of in uk but stays on in spain or have I missed something.:unsure:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our AT Tracker used to turn off the panel as soon as you started the engine,however our new Exsis panel stays on and there does not seem to be any problems so far

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Thanks. Had it been possible, I would have liked to charge mobiles etc in the hab area whilst driving but if in UK it is switched off then we can't.
Sorry for late reply and thanks.
The power on my motorhome switches off as soon as i start the engine.....all except the 12v socket and light by the hab travelling seats.

My grandkids can watch a DVD whilst we are on the move .....the light by the seatbelted hab seats can also be switched on.

We can also use the 12v socket to charge whilst moving

When we arrive at a site i then have to switch on at the panel to have hab lights water pump etc.

Last edited:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I am interested to know how the moho knows what country its in if the panel goes of in uk but stays on in spain or have I missed something.:unsure:
I think you'll find that when he is in Spain he is parked up on EHU all the time.

But then again he might be wired the wrong way.:rofl::rofl:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I think you'll find that when he is in Spain he is parked up on EHU all the time.

But then again he might be wired the wrong way.:rofl::rofl:
@Bobby22, I think your so funny...................................................................................o_O

I have a Spanish MH and have come across many EU MH'ers, ALL of which when engine is running the control panel remains ON.
I believe that the law in the UK requires that the control panel must be controlled when driving hence the panel switches to OFF
As far a EHU is concerned! why on earth would I use EHU when I have all this sun shine.... Oh I forget you don't have it in the UK. Think that was one of the reasons we moved here 4 years ago.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our Rapidos (French) the panels have always stayed on but on our previous British vans the panels have always gone off when starting the engine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back