Pamplona aire

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by parknride, Jan 7, 2016.

1. parknride

parknride Funster

Last question. Any info on the aire at Berriozar Pamplona. Stopped off at aire in St Jean de luz before but thinking this way cuts down on the time across to Valencia.
    Thanks a lot.:)

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. parknride

parknride Funster

Thanks @scotjimland I have the aire info but was wondering if anyone had any experience/info on staying there. Nervous Nellie here needs to feel safe:think:

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ok.. no, sorry..

but my impression looking at it is that as it is 'mixed' parking beside a block of flats.. so should be as safe as any other aire.. but who knows with the flats being so close..

It gets reasonably good reviews on Camperconatct

hopefully someone else will know more

• Like Like x 1
  5. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Stayed there many times, it is a lovely stopover. Very clean, and quiet. Right next door there is some exercise equipment and a playground for children, and a short walk gets you to many supermarkets.
    The spots are slightly sloping, so you may want to put ramps under the wheels, personally we have never done this, we always point the van for a quick exit at Aires, but never had so much as a glimmer of trouble here.
    As a warning, on the approach you are going to think that you aren't going the correct way, because it looks like you are heading up a dead end, but keep going, it is right at the end of the road.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

And just to be thorough, I dug out this old photo of our rented van parked up in this Airre (incidentaly, don't park like this, we got told off for blocking the pavement! :D ):
    IMG_2439.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. parknride

parknride Funster

Thanks very much, will log this one and if we follow the plan should stop over here.
    Incidentally @DanielFord did you get to it via the A15 heading towards Pamplona or the N121a? Looks like we went that way last time (121) but thinking A15 be quicker from France?

8. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Do you know, I haven't got the vaguest idea, I will have a look at our GPS track logs, I'm afraid I just do what Sat Nav lady tells me to do :D
    When I find it, I will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pjay

pjay Funster

Stayed at Berriozar a few times, no problems. See att'd photo.

There is also a free carpark in Pamplona opposite city the walls where you can stay the night but its a bit noisy, good for daytime parking though to visit the city if you don't fancy walking from the aire... 42.82160 -1.64890

Pete

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. parknride

parknride Funster

Thanks @pjay night stop is what we looking for

@DanielFord I can't remember for sure what we did either because of satnav! just that looking at the map the 121 looks tortuous but the A15 faster but longero_O

11. travelbunyip

travelbunyip Funster

We stayed in a carpark close to town this year. There were about 10 other motorhomes in the carpark who also stayed overnight. GPS 42.82101,1.6568. About a ten minute walk to the town. Well worth a visit. It is not the carpark in the camper contact but nearby. I think where we stayed would have been quiter and it is very flat. We saw the carpark in the camper contact and it looked very big and busy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

What I can tell you is, it took us roughly 2 hours to get there from the ferry in Santander. We always used to drive directly to Andorra, but the the ferry times got altered, so we had to find a stop over, and this was it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. parknride

parknride Funster

Thanks everyone. Great site this is.:)

14. nomad

nomad Funster

Hi, have you considered leaving the A63 just before the first toll and going via Mont de Marsan, Orthez and Oleron St Marie and the the Somport tunnel and the A23 in Spain to Sagunto and then on to Valencia
    Colin

• Like Like x 1
  15. parknride

parknride Funster

Hi Colin this the way we went home last time. Was wondering if the weather be OK to go through there in about a weeks timeish. It's an option its a lovely pretty route. Will have to do weather check nearer time. We will be going on theA23 to sagunto then turning right to go south. Not actually going to Valencia. Thanks.

16. nomad

nomad Funster

Hi, I know what you mean about the weather, I'm setting off for the Tunnel crossing on Monday evening and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the stretch of narrow road from Oleron St Marie to the Somport tunnel is not snowbound. I am going to be watching Meteofrance.com all the way south and keeping my fingers crossed.
    Our first stop after Valencia is hopefully Cullera
    Best of luck
    Colin

• Like Like x 1
  17. parknride

parknride Funster

Might catch you up, crossing to Calais early Monday. Have fun stay safe:)
    Just checking on weather going to be -5° next Friday night that route. Close call @nomad

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  18. nomad

nomad Funster

Thanks very much, that has really cheered me up. I suppose it could still be ok as long as it stays dry.
    Have a safe journey
    Colin

• Like Like x 1
  19. PeteH

PeteH Funster

N 121 A. Is OK. UNLESS ICY/SNOWING. It is (was 2003) Ploughed. But the A15 is the better road If your following the Plough!.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  20. parknride

parknride Funster

Sorry didn't mean to upset you, I'm a bit bothered myself because I know we can't hit that stretch until Friday! Never mind,:) the forecast could be wrong and if its not there's more than one road