Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Rapido have confirmed the paint colour on my 2009 a class is ral 9016
Having searched the Web this appears to also be called traffic white.
However comes in gloss Matt or satin.

Anyone know what to use
Want to touch up the wing mirrors and all respray the blindspot mirrors I put purchased.

Also have a small crack in the rear bumper which will need sorting at somepoint. Feck knows how it happened grrr. Never mind...

Not sure if same finish all round but cannot see a reason why not. I originally asked rapido about wing mirrors.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The ral number is a standard for colour identification as any one can call a colour what they like but if selling as a Ral Colour it must meet the colour standard
so to say its also called traffic white is not strictly true If Rapidohave said its Ral 9016 then it must state that on the tin regardless of what its called
my only concern is what paint you are researching???? vehicle colours are not usually offered in a range of finishes they can be made that way but rarely sold that way
You seem to be describing a DIY decorating finish if so that wont be at all suitable for a vehicle
Correct choice of material is crucial get it wrong and it will get expensive
G

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Rapido did not call it a name I found name on google. They only gave me ral 9016.

I searched for ral 9016 spray paint and got several finishes. Just about all the sites I have visited offer the different finishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes I understand but your giving no clue as to the material that's in the spray cans
Automotive paint is a high gloss finish a metallic finish Base coat and clear finish etc
Note no mention of gloss mat or satin
The ral numbers will work throughout all types of paint Inc emulsion
Are you talking/ wanting cellulose.acrylic oil based.water based. synthetic ????

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I just did a Google search on ral 9016 spray paint and all sites came up with the 3 finishes which confused the hell out of me just need some paint to respray wing mirrors and blindspot mirrors.
I assumed just the one finish. Like u say maybe I need to just go to halfords or a autobodyshop place to ensure get correct paint.
Surely some one on her has bought spray paint ie aerosols before.? Anyone recommend a place to shop?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back