CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
So true... And it doesn't even matter how long the trip is for. I'm already getting excited about a couple of weekends away I've got planned for next month :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is there anything better? Emptied the RV today and then re-packed from a carefully prepared list. No matter how many times you've done it, the excitement of packing for a trip away always gets me going. :)
Opposite for me! I HATE packing the van ... I have a list to work from but it drives me nuts! Last time we went away I let hubby do the 'food' packing ... not doing that again though as, amongst other things, he only took 2 tins of tuna and I LOVE tuna mixed with grated cheese and mayonnaise (or plain yoghurt) and spread on crackers ... yummie!

He also put some frozen pizza and meatballs in the freezer ... we were going to ITALY!!!! :doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That's one chore I don't miss since going fulltime....:whistle::p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a brilliant time wherever your neatly packed RV takes you. :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Were supposed to be going for a bimble around Wales starting today, but my beautiful cat has not come home since Sunday. I think she must be locked in a shed as she always comes home, was lovely Sunday, everyone gardening etc. Posted notes through doors walked around calling her. Nothing. So hard when there's nothing you can do

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I'm in the opposite position. I need to empty everything out for a Hab service next week, this is a job I hate. I have however promised myself that not everything will go back in the van - if not used in last 12 months it will get relegated to the shed. Mind you I say this every year!!!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I love packing for a trip, I even enjoy tidying the van and cleaning it inside ready for the next trip. It doesn't feel like housework which I hate, it seems part of the adventure. That's what I will be doing today after the brilliant Pembrey trip. Then I will be packing for a girly trip to Lisbon with our daughter. Nick will have nearly a week of peace to watch sport, play golf, eat and drink what he likes without me nagging!
Have fun Jim and Sian.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
just don't forget the passengers it's alright having a tick list but the obvious is always left behind (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I love packing. It's the unpacking on Sun I'm not looking forward to. And then the cleaning of the MH.
Enjoy your trip Jim and San wherever you end up.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Were supposed to be going for a bimble around Wales starting today, but my beautiful cat has not come home since Sunday. I think she must be locked in a shed as she always comes home, was lovely Sunday, everyone gardening etc. Posted notes through doors walked around calling her. Nothing. So hard when there's nothing you can do
Horrible when a loved pet goes missing. Hope you find her.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I hate emptying the van, but enjoy packing with fresh laundry and a nicely cleaned van ready for pastures new. Agree with @carolyn its not like housework.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
My cat went missing, let him out early AM one morning, he didn't come home.
We were scheduled to go on holiday in a weeks time, no cat, we went on holiday, left house keys with next door neighbours.
Got home after a week and there was cat in neighbours cage! They found him on our lawn on the morning we left for our hols! Joy!
Lilly will most likely turn up, as you say probably in someone's shed, but I feel for you, good luck.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Kesriel does the clothes packing ,everything is done very neatly ,I do the mechanical checks , its a difficult feeling to fully describe ,its exciting ,its woopee time ,its adventure time , and then there's the eternal optimism that the rain will stop or the sunshine never end ,every trip is perfect .It brings the child out in us.
When my kids talk about holidays past , its the camping trips that are most mentioned not the ones to holiday resorts
Bon voyage Jim and sian

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thank you so much @Shrimp63 What a lovely homecoming that would be for you! we aren't going away now, which reminds me, i'd better take the food out of the van I had put in. Hope its another nice weekend so people opening their sheds again and let Dolly out.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Funny that, kids used to moan, "not the caravan again" now it is those holidays most talked about. They even join us again. Funny how we don't realise at the time the memories we are making.
Happy travels Jim

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We are always happy to return home after a trip, but only a few weeks later we find ourselves planning the next one. Packing is always fun and consists of me ferrying all the stuff that SWMBO has piled onto the spare bed to the van while the boss stashes it away. This took ages when we started, but now we know where everything goes it takes no time at all. The very best moment for us is, after we have tossed a coin to see who will be the driver for the day, when we look at each other and agree we are ready to roll and then just head on out accompanied by the rattle of the grill pan.....................

The Tinca's

goneroming

Free Member
Jan 31, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Our van is packed ready to go at all times only have to put fresh food in the fridge and away we go. Even down to tooth brushes makes it so we can go at the drop of a hat.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Is there anything better? Emptied the RV today and then re-packed from a carefully prepared list. No matter how many times you've done it, the excitement of packing for a trip away always gets me going. :)
More or less finished packing ours ready for a very early start on Thursday, see you in the 'Tropical' Bar for New Years Eve ? ;)
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back