Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
The issue is not with the P2P technology itself, which is no more risky or safe than any other internet technology. It is with some of the rather dubious organisations that use this technology for illegal file and music sharing.

My daughter borrowed my computer a few weeks ago and used it to download music using bittorrent.

It took me about 4 days to clear out all the virusses and trojans that resulted!

So if you want P2P for free music downloads, apart from the fact that its illegal beware of virusses that you may catch as a result!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My people tell me they know someone who has used the world wide sharing community to research the output of various bands over the last few years and using AVG scanning prior to opening files has had no trouble for a long, long time.

Indeed, they add that the only time this chap had trouble was when Norton let a bug through.

Once AVG was called upon the bug was found and destroyed, which is why [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] this chap cleared Norton off his computer and now swears by AVG...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back