P2P

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ShiftZZ, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Is there such a thing as a 'safe' P2P?

2. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

The issue is not with the P2P technology itself, which is no more risky or safe than any other internet technology. It is with some of the rather dubious organisations that use this technology for illegal file and music sharing.

My daughter borrowed my computer a few weeks ago and used it to download music using bittorrent.

It took me about 4 days to clear out all the virusses and trojans that resulted!

So if you want P2P for free music downloads, apart from the fact that its illegal beware of virusses that you may catch as a result!

3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Always scan your download before opening. :thumb:

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You're retired now so you could have done it in ten minutes, but I guess old habits die hard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JJ

JJ Funster

My people tell me they know someone who has used the world wide sharing community to research the output of various bands over the last few years and using AVG scanning prior to opening files has had no trouble for a long, long time.

Indeed, they add that the only time this chap had trouble was when Norton let a bug through.

Once AVG was called upon the bug was found and destroyed, which is why [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] this chap cleared Norton off his computer and now swears by AVG...

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1