Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Just lifted this from UKCampsite.
A contributor named 'TheMarstonCooper' put it on and for those who go via P&O it sounds good.

"For those not booked yet (I thought my wife had she thought I had ) Anyway I've just encountered an amazing price difference on P an O ferries No discount codes needed
Clear your cache memory first on computer in case you have had quotes. Not sure you need do this but its worthwhile anyway. I guess don't login if you have registered with P&O

Go to P & O ferries .com site again not sure if they have a .co.uk but you need the dot com In right top section there is a drop down language and price, select the English euro € one My 16.40 hrs out of Dover to Calais was £127.00 (note £ sign) car caravan over 6m and my return was some £113.00 When I used the dot com as was in France yesterday on phone to my wife in UK, it came in, same crossing at 113€ and 104€ a total of 217.00 Euros against 240.00 GBP and with the euro conversion rate 217 euros is around £153.00GBP booked it logged in used a UK address and paid with a English card (no euro fee) AAAAAHHHHHH !!! Dont know if anyone has discovered this and posted. I had a quick look so sorry if its already been found but grab a bargain before P and O spot it.

Just another thought you may if it need have to change your web browser not to allow disclosure of where you are but for £90.00 saving or thereabouts its worth it. £154.28 charged to my card when converted even beat the caravan club at 178.00."

Regards to all

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Jesus H!!!!!
I've just tried this as per the above using our 'van as a guide.
Out 21st June back on 19th July. (van under 7.00mts and under 3.00mts ht.
€ out € 52 back €63 Total €115 = £84 (using .com site)
£ out £78 back £58 Total £136 Difference @ £1 + €1.366 = £52!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back