oystervision

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by fulton, Jun 28, 2009.

1. fulton

fulton Read Only Funster

Can anybody give me any advice on the oyster vision dish on the roof of my motorhome.It seaches for a satellite,stops, lies on its back and the message no satellite found comes up on the controller. I put the contoller to manual lift the dish up manually and the satellite starts to work.Obviously the dish is finding the strongest signal but something is not right .Anybody got any suggestions.

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I had one of these 3 years ago, it started to fail to lock on after a year or so, to cure the problem it needed a software update.

3. lookback

lookback Read Only Funster

Why don`t you ring Robert Jackson. He is the expert on installing and correcting Oystervision satellite dishes. I have always found him to be extremely helpful

Robert Jackson Satellites
    12 Denby Lane
    Grange Moor
    Wakefield
    WF4 4ED

Tel: 01924 848566

He also attends the motorhome shows

Ian

4. Strathclyde

Strathclyde Deleted User

You're probably not setting up a valid channel for it to find. The Oyster autoseeks for the satellite and channel set up in its memory as a reference. It doesn't look for "the strongest signal" - it looks for the precise satellite and then channel you tell it to.

Possibly the channel set up in yours no longer exists...or you've accidentally deleted it or changed it (via the Oyster remote control).

The Oyster manual isn't the best, but well worth a read!!