oystervision (1 Viewer)

fulton

Free Member
Oct 24, 2008
Funster No
Can anybody give me any advice on the oyster vision dish on the roof of my motorhome.It seaches for a satellite,stops, lies on its back and the message no satellite found comes up on the controller. I put the contoller to manual lift the dish up manually and the satellite starts to work.Obviously the dish is finding the strongest signal but something is not right .Anybody got any suggestions.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I had one of these 3 years ago, it started to fail to lock on after a year or so, to cure the problem it needed a software update.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Why don`t you ring Robert Jackson. He is the expert on installing and correcting Oystervision satellite dishes. I have always found him to be extremely helpful

Robert Jackson Satellites
12 Denby Lane
Grange Moor
Wakefield
WF4 4ED

Tel: 01924 848566

He also attends the motorhome shows

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

Strathclyde

Deleted User
You're probably not setting up a valid channel for it to find. The Oyster autoseeks for the satellite and channel set up in its memory as a reference. It doesn't look for "the strongest signal" - it looks for the precise satellite and then channel you tell it to.

Possibly the channel set up in yours no longer exists...or you've accidentally deleted it or changed it (via the Oyster remote control).

The Oyster manual isn't the best, but well worth a read!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back