Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2014
Fantic submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Hi,

I had a x motor error message, the system was parking my dish 20 dregs off where it should be.

I rebooted the system many times over several hours however it would not reset correctly, so I took the decision to strip and remove it from the roof of the RV, I also removed the main cable so I could check the continuity of the wiring loom all checked out ok.

I stripped both the X & Y motors and checked there function by using a separate 12v feed, this both checked the motors and was used for timing the system back to the correct park mode on to both x motor limit switch and the top of the rotor at North and South position as if parked and Y motor limit switch as if in the park horizontal flat position.

The brain of the system can get confused easily so always have the main 12v feed isolated, until your ready for the final reboot.

The software is quite cleaver, it counts the rotations of the X motor wheel between the active side of the limit switch and the non active side of the switch, hence the 355 degrees rotation of the dish clockwise 'stop' and the the anti clock wise rotation to search for Astra 2 and return to the park position.

Y motor is the elevation of the dish from horizontal to vertical position ready for the surch by the LMB.

Only when both X & Y limit switches are in the correct park position and you are sure the timing of the x motor is correct and limit switch closed, the same with the Y motor limit switch is in the closed position this is the time to switch the system on and reboot for the final time.

The system should behave correctly, big job learnt a lot but well worth whil, system ready for use, some pics in a folder, I have a video which I will attempt to up load.

Now I understand the system, should this happen again I could have it sorted within the hour whilst still on the roof however I would need a separate 12v supply on the roof to put a frig on each of the motors to reset the park position, whilst the main brain is shut down and before the final reboot.

Take a look at the vid on Youtube, 'YouTube oyster xy motor issues'

Fantic

Broken Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Did mine on a camp site the first time.. Never used your method though.. Simply set it all to parked position and fired it up.. Still took about an hour to be honest but it was the first time I had so much as looked under the cover !

OP
OP
Fantic

Fantic

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2014
If it happens again it will take me about a hour but at least we are not spending money asking some one else to do it ha!:)::bigsmile::emo:

Fantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back