Oyster vision (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
I`m looking for some advice with my old Oyster vision system. It`s the old version 1, with the map of Europe on the front.
When I bought my mh, it was already installed. It locks to Astra 1 then I had some manual instructions to tune to Astra 2, by using the arrows on the front.
Now, I understand the sat has changed position.
Would anyone have a some similar instructions, to find the new sat, from Astra 1 ?

I begrudge paying £500 for a new control box, when the one we have is fine, but just won`t auto tune.

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Astra 2 is still there

The Astra 2 constllation of satellites hasn't moved it is still at 28.2 deg E.
They have just added a new satellite which has adversely affected the coverage of southern Europe so provided you are in cover the instructions you have should still find.
Good Luck

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Oyster vision is a little panoramic isn't it?

They only have a slit between the shells to look through!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
neilydun
Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
O.k great, thanks for that.
Never had a problem finding Astra 2, so all should be good.

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
I`m looking for some advice with my old Oyster vision system. It`s the old version 1, with the map of Europe on the front.
When I bought my mh, it was already installed. It locks to Astra 1 then I had some manual instructions to tune to Astra 2, by using the arrows on the front.
Now, I understand the sat has changed position.
Would anyone have a some similar instructions, to find the new sat, from Astra 1 ?

I begrudge paying £500 for a new control box, when the one we have is fine, but just won`t auto tune.

I have the same one, I call Oyster & sent it back they reprogramed it as Sky had changed the transponder code. or try getting it to find hotbird first then when its locked on change it to Astra 2.

Reprogramed was about £50.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back