Oyster Vision 2....not finding satellite (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
My Oyster Vision 2 (up-dated by previous owner prior to me purchasing the motorhome 5 months ago) will not find Astra 2, the dish goes up, spins, alters the elevation, but finds nothing.

I haven't used the system since 23rd November prior to this last w/e. Previously Astra 2 has been found with no apparent problems.
I know it's rained a lot lately, but would that affect the lnb ?

I'd like to see if I could locate Astra 1, to see if the lnb was ok. Looking on the web I've found some instructions on how to operate the system...but trying to work my way through the menu structure on the control box is not easy, I thought I'd changed the satellite to be searched for but it keeps looking for astra 2.

I found some info on a previous thread re: software update instructions, but I'm not sure of some of the terms being used...reference is made to pressing the menu button on the 'remote'...is that the 'operating control device' that is hard wired to the control unit ?
This small box has the following icons on it...sat dish, back arrow, forward arrow, and a tick.
If it's not the same box, then I've not got the remote.
And then the thread says update via astra 1....and I don't know how to get astra 1

The Oyster has been great when working, but if anything goes wrong it's not as easy to fettle as my previous set-up...sat dish clamped on a pole then clamped to the roof access ladders.

Hope someone can help me.

regards

Allen

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I know you've probably checked, but is there something blocking the signal? Tree, building, telegraph pole - anything? Or leaves on the knob thingymegig? (n)(n)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You sure it has clear line of sight to south ?
I'm also told van needs to be reasonably level
Sorry can't help further. Hope you get it sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
walburga
Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
I know you've probably checked, but is there something blocking the signal? Tree, building, telegraph pole - anything? Or leaves on the knob thingymegig? (n)(n)

been double checking me nob (?..) all ok

You sure it has clear line of sight to south ?
I'm also told van needs to be reasonably level
Sorry can't help further. Hope you get it sorted

Pretty level...and moved 4 times over the w/e.

The best of it is that I've now got it sorted.

Previous poster mentioned Oyster Sat-tech (ten-haft Oyster makers) on 0858 575 928, so I thought give them a go....I spoke to a lovely lady called Margaret, who knew all about the problem...at least 3 of the transponders on astra 2 have changed, she took me through the procedure of changing them whilst I still had the phone in my hand.
Everything working now as it should.
Margaret said that 1 of the transponders was still ok, and that the system would've eventually found it after it had gone through the other now redundant ones.
Brilliant response from Oyster Sat-tech, especially Margaret.

regards

Allen

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, we had a bolt of lightning strike about 50 yards away from the van and it wiped all the programming off the box !!
It was Margaret who talked me through the reset ..

Nbscuba

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2012

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
As much as Jackson's instructions may be of help to many Oyster customers we must advise that it is not something we recommend or support. The instructions posted give access to the systems "hidden" service menu which will allow you to update the transponder settings on the system however they also give access to other system settings that, if accidentally changed, could prove detrimental to the system. The menu is "hidden" for a reason and we would always advise contacting Oyster Sat-Tech (free of charge) where we will be happy to talk you through the process. That way, if you do accidentally go into the wrong menu then we are there to talk you through getting out of it without potentially damaging it.

Reactions: XRN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back