Oyster vision 2 blues!

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by rob w, Mar 3, 2012.

1. rob w

rob w Read Only Funster

Does anyone know anyone who knows these systems well?

The shaft on the 'Y' motor sheared the rotating shaft at the cog end after the bearing seized, my brother the toolmaker pinned, welded and machined it as good as new.

BUT after putting everything back together something isn't lined up as it should be and it doesn't like it!!. As usual I should have paid more attention when takling it apart. I've tested the action of both motors and they're fine. What I think I have wrong is lining up the pins in the right place to trip the micro switches at the right time to cut the the 'X' motor & trip the 'Y' motor.

Suppliers think it works with a little man inside the case with a crank handle.

2. laneside

laneside Funster

Try giving it a few re-boots it worked for mine when it fell onto its back one day whilst we were in France

There is a good download if you google for it but basically you pull one or tuther of the telephone type plugs out ( not sure which ) and while holding the left and right arrow buttons down stick it back in.

May need to do it several times but you cannot hurt anything.

If it settles down then assuming you can watch the signal strength and reach the dish tweak the screw that alters the arm to dish to best setting and if you so feel alter the scew odf the LNB

It more intresting than many of the programmes on at present so have fun

3. rob w

rob w Read Only Funster

I've tried to reboot and it just hangs rebooting and never finishes!

Cheers
    Rob

4. laneside

laneside Funster

Ours often hung do keep trying and are you sure you are pulling the right lead out, its worth persevering.

If all fails the only expert I know of is somewhere near Huddersfield