Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Very good...but also very expensive.
It depends how valuable your time is...I have an Oyster on the RV and a through the roof manual on my VW...I can set up the manual one in maybe 2 minutes and the Oyster takes between 1 minute and 3 minutes...thats of course when the Oyster is working.:cry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm with Snowbird .. manual crank up dish every time, it's easy to align and no gubbins to go wrong..

save your money, £1k of fuel takes you a long way, even in an RV

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im also a manual crank up fan:thumb:
No proplems at all on my last RV

On this one I have a full auto Crystop System
The control box is currently in Germany for a re fit:Doh::cry::cry::cry:
but very flash when its working:Cool::winky:
Geo

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Im also a manual crank up fan:thumb:
No proplems at all on my last RV

On this one I have a full auto Crystop System
The control box is currently in Germany for a re fit:Doh::cry::cry::cry:
but very flash when its working:Cool::winky:
Geo
Hi Geo,my Oyster has started going round and round and wont find the sat and lock on.
Have tried finding it manualy and eventualy it gets a signal, so all is well with the cables and LMB.
Am presuming its somthing wrong with the positioning reciever and have enquired at the shows only to be told its an old model so throw it away and buy a new one....OH Yeh £1800.
Did you send the positioner-reciever back to Germany or did somone do it for you???.
No way am I buying a new one so I would like to get the one I have fixed...problem is...nobody wants to have a look at it.
Have read somwhere that it neads a software upgrade or somthing,but finding the person to do the upgrade is becoming imposible.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Geo,my Oyster has started going round and round and wont find the sat and lock on.
Have tried finding it manualy and eventualy it gets a signal, so all is well with the cables and LMB.
Am presuming its somthing wrong with the positioning reciever and have enquired at the shows only to be told its an old model so throw it away and buy a new one....OH Yeh £1800.
Did you send the positioner-reciever back to Germany or did somone do it for you???.
No way am I buying a new one so I would like to get the one I have fixed...problem is...nobody wants to have a look at it.
Have read somwhere that it neads a software upgrade or somthing,but finding the person to do the upgrade is becoming imposible.

Have you tried Road Pro.
Jim
:Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Have you tried pulling the plug out and holding both arrows whilst you re- isert it.

No guarantees as mine has been a real pain in the butt so will see how it works at Shepton and the we can compare notes.

Alan

OOOPs you are going aren't you

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
oyster

phone oyster themselves in northants not sure of telephone number they are exremely helpful i took my motorhome there they charge £40 per hour labour charge

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
auto pilot

Apparently the little rascals have a memory issue, when you resite them they look for the satellite at the last position used, can you not cancel that or search manually, just a thought.

We have a Camos crank up excellent bit of kit and so easy to set up usually have picture in less than 2 mins. :thumb: And far cheaper than an Oyster.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have you tried pulling the plug out and holding both arrows whilst you re- isert it.

No guarantees as mine has been a real pain in the butt so will see how it works at Shepton and the we can compare notes.

Alan

OOOPs you are going aren't you
Yep am going...have to for JJs sake.
Thanks for the offer of help,its turning into my worse nightmare.
The big Oyster dealers dont want to know unless I buy a new one.
If they cant repair a simple fault on mine what hope would I have if I blew another £1800???.
These Oysters are suposed to be the RR of satellite dishes...give me a simple crank up anyday.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi
Yup sent mine direct to Auto Sat Crystop in Gemany:thumb: after not much help from UK :cry:
Germans came good at £90 inc fix and return postage
Just got to figure out how to pay em:Doh:
Geo

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi
Yup sent mine direct to Auto Sat Crystop in Gemany:thumb: after not much help from UK :cry:
Geo
Would have normaly said paypal but had an email from paypal today saying you cant pay German or I think Austrailian companys with paypal...dont know why.
Thanks for the info Geo..I have the UK phone no and will be ringing them in the morning,if I dont get any sence out of em will be on to the Germans.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
Geo

easy Geo, slow down from 60mph to 55mph for a couple of hours :ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sad news here am afraid...have been onto Oyster this morning and they have said that since Astra 1 has gone digital the older Oysters cannot find the satellite.
The options are ...have an upgrade costing £1000 haha.
Using it as a manual sysem...and tuning it with co ordinates from a compass...haha.
Anyone want a big BBQ plate.:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back