Oyster Caro dish (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Does anyone here have one and if so what do they think? I've been looking at getting one and at Newark was informed that they will work fine down to the south of France and northern Spain.
However on the Conrad Anderson site they say that it will only work in northern France.

Any advice please?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
It will work anywhere in Europe, the question is which satellite beams will it be able to get - German language etc., no problem. But I presume you are referring to UK FTA broadcast stations as in BBC, ITV etc.
I think Conrad Anderson are hedging their bets as, at this time, no-one really knows what will be available as you move south in Europe. Until now, a dish like the Caro would have been able to get Astra 2D, which carried the aforementioned channels, right down to southern France - possibly beyond. But Astra 2D is now dead and Astra is in the process of bringing on-stream Astra 2F which will have a much tighter focused beam for UK channels. It is possible that smaller dishes (and domes) will not be able to get English language FTA channels much south of Paris - but at this stage, no-one is really sure.
Here is the projected UK spot beam downloaded from the SES-Astra website.

Attachments

• ASTRA_2EFG_UK_ku_band_spotbeam_L.jpg
    ASTRA_2EFG_UK_ku_band_spotbeam_L.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you are going to buy a satellite dish system talk to Dave Newell, member on here as you are nearer to him, otherwise Eddie at VanBitz and stay on his excellent camp site at Taunton

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back