Oyster 4 Digital from Germany?? (1 Viewer)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Got this brill 2002 Hymer Starline 640 with the Oyster 4 dish, German TV, no name receiver and a magic eye.
I have been boring myself regid trying to understand what I actually have!
When first switched everything on the dish locked onto Astra 1 with everything in German.
As we need to use the moho I ditched the German tv replacing it with a small Samsung and an external aerial - no problem.
I would like to get the satellite system working. The dish locks on to something - probably from memory but nothing is being registered on the Samsung.
So what do I do?
I thought I might go for a new receiver. The present receiver has 'antenna control', and 'sat mouse' inputs which are not on the receivers I have looked at.
Anybody got any idea how I might proceed??
Thanks
Don

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Thanks - will do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
I have checked the receiver in the moho and it appears to be an original Oyster D900 receiver which can be updated from instructions on Oyster's website. Now I do not know how I use my tablet or laptop to connect to this receiver to enable me to do said update.
There are no USB sockets.
Don

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
He Can!!

Good morning Don,

The Oyster digital system has changed a few times over the years so first of all I'll need to verify the model before I advise further.
Your receiver will either be Black or Silver and have 1 or 2 Scart sockets on the rear.
If the Receiver is Black or Silver with 2 scart sockets then I'm afraid the only way of updating is via the RS232 input on the receiver. This must be connected to a computer directly (no USB converter allowed). The easiest thing to do if you have any of these variations is remove the system and send to us here at Oyster where we can update the system software and the channel listings before returning it to you. The cost for this would be £74.40 inc VAT and Carriage.
If the receiver is Silver with one scart connection and no phono DVD inputs above it then you have an S7 receiver - with the DVD inputs it'll be an S8 receiver both of which may or may not be able to be updated via Satellite but have the ability to have this option added if not present. To check this you would need the receiver wired to an input on the TV so that you can see the Oyster menu screens. Then, what you would need to do is turn the system on and press exit until you have nothing but a blank screen. Next, press menu on the Oyster remote and then select main menu from the list. From the list that then appears you are looking for "Satellite update". If that option is present then please PM me your email address and I can send you the update instructions. If it is not present the unit would need to be returned as above but after being updated here once, the satellite update option will have been added.

I hope this helps, any other questions/queries please ask away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back