Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
IMG_0657.JPG
Hi everyone , just turned my oyster 111 everything seems to be working good picture and sound but a red light is flashing in the button on the left and I can't seem to stop it any ideas . Sorry about the rookie sticker but the dish is right in between to vent s and would cause a lot of damage if they where open .

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
My Oyster Vision II only flashes a red light whilst changing satellite positions, say from Astra 2 to Astra 1.

Suggest you do a "new search" and see if that corrects the problem.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Would you believe I got fed up with it so switched it off went for a beer when I came back every thing working fine , so thanks (y)

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Howard,

Sorry for the late reply.
The Oyster Vision III controller will give you an error code if anything is wrong so if it's operating as normal then I don't think that there is a problem.
I have had a couple of calls saying the same thing though and, although no actual problem has become apparent, I have contacted our technical department in Germany to try and get clarification on the issue. I will reply on this thread again once I have an answer however Germany do have a bank holiday today so it most likely be the beginning of next week now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Howard,

Sorry for the late reply.
The Oyster Vision III controller will give you an error code if anything is wrong so if it's operating as normal then I don't think that there is a problem.
I have had a couple of calls saying the same thing though and, although no actual problem has become apparent, I have contacted our technical department in Germany to try and get clarification on the issue. I will reply on this thread again once I have an answer however Germany do have a bank holiday today so it most likely be the beginning of next week now.
Thanks @Anthony OysterTech ,the problem seems to have cured itself but will be interested to see if there is a problem devolving . Thanks again for your interest .

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Anthony OysterTech

I have exactly the same problem with my Caro. Red light flashing on left hand button. The few channels I can get work OK but the red button/light continues to flash. I'm in the south of France and I've tried searching for Hotbird but it doesn't seem to find it. The EPG does not change from the Astra 2 list. Was there any resolution to this problem?

Thanks.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
On a side note Howard, it was so funny watching the Germans pitching up at Faakersee, park up handbrake on, then sat dish up!! You will be pleased to know all the oyster users dish up, locked on within seconds, other makes not locking on, shuffling about on pitch, trying to lock on, no luck, turn the van around, no luck, even putting up on ramps then seeing if they will lock on!! One guy with a telesat gave up and never had his dish up throughout his stay whilst his oyster neighbours were enjoying their TVs.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
On a side note Howard, it was so funny watching the Germans pitching up at Faakersee, park up handbrake on, then sat dish up!! You will be pleased to know all the oyster users dish up, locked on within seconds, other makes not locking on, shuffling about on pitch, trying to lock on, no luck, turn the van around, no luck, even putting up on ramps then seeing if they will lock on!! One guy with a telesat gave up and never had his dish up throughout his stay whilst his oyster neighbours were enjoying their TVs.

By eck Ady that post was over 2 years ago , as I have told you many times buy quality and only have to buy once :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I
Always nice to find others misfortune funny - not.(n)
It wasn't misfortune, it was stubbornness to move out the trees when all the other guys told him best place to move to!
You wasn’t there, he was dicking about for nearly an hour, it was funny, even the his neighbours found it amusing!
The caravan opposite tipping up because he forgot to put his legs down, that was misfortune and wasn’t funny as the old dears was in it at the time, I’m not heartless!!

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Anthony OysterTech

I have exactly the same problem with my Caro. Red light flashing on left hand button. The few channels I can get work OK but the red button/light continues to flash. I'm in the south of France and I've tried searching for Hotbird but it doesn't seem to find it. The EPG does not change from the Astra 2 list. Was there any resolution to this problem?

Thanks.

Hi Taran,

The problem with the controllers is the software.
The Germans were playing around with using the light to give error codes in flashes. They implemented it on a particular software version (don't remember exactly which) and tested but it was never put into use so it's possible that your system has the software version they were experimenting with. It can be annoying but won't do any harm.
I would assume that the problem with locking on to Hotbird is frequency related so the system may require an update to remedy that.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks for your help Anthony OysterTech Just a wild guess, could the error code be heat related (as in motor temperature) as it rectified itself later when the ambient temperature dropped. The flashing interval was constant and at least 5 times per second. No error codes were displayed.

Service info: Rev EU 3.49 004

The reason for the Hotbird problem was that the television (alphatronics) lost all of its satellite definitions and date and time features.

Once again, many thanks for assisting us all on MHfun(y)

Last edited:

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks for your help Anthony OysterTech Just a wild guess, could the error code be heat related (as in motor temperature) as it rectified itself later when the ambient temperature dropped. The flashing interval was constant and at least 5 times per second. No error codes were displayed.

Service info: Rev EU 3.49 004

The reason for the Hotbird problem was that the television (alphatronics) lost all of its satellite definitions and date and time features.

Once again, many thanks for assisting us all on MHfun(y)

It could well be a temperature variation that set it off but I have never been given anything to explain the light sequences or what they were set up to mean. I can ask but questions of this nature normally result in the response.... it was never used so you don't need to know.
If I find out anything I'll post it here.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
By the way the latest software version is 3.60 so it might be worth updating if it's annoying you.
Link to the software is here: https://ten-haaft.com/rmc-en/updates/

If you have the control box pictured then you can download the packet software and update via USB. If you have the earlier control unit it's an SD card update but there are instructions available to download too should you be unsure and if you need me, I'm available in the office 8:30-17:00 monday to friday on 01858575928

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back