Own up then! Who drives a German registered MH? (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just another bit to throw into the ring, The water is staying there and then pouring down the side trims to the ground. HAVE YOU EVER seen what is behind those trims?, I have and it is a load of ripped, bare metal where the back of the cab has been hacked off in the converters workshop, it is rough chopped steel and no paint is added to it for further protection working on the premise that it will never see water there, only a bit of condensation. When the get a chassis-cab it normally had a complete back panel on it, like little tipper trucks have . That has to go so it gets chewed off with whatever tool is to hand Power hacksaw/ air-chisel/ cold chisel and mallet. hard-mans front teeth, what ever is used where it is being done. It is well placed to be soaked through with water all the time.
You are behind the times, Fiat cab is specially made for campers no hacking and refinishing needed.

images.jpg

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
All Bailey cabs come as Back to Back, 2 cabs bolted together, ready for alko chassis to be fitted. As @Geo says the design was for, that if the corner cap failed in any way water would leak out at the bottom with out causing any internal damage.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You are quite correct Pops its called a design feature, of which the critics on this subject clearly lack vision and foresight.
We must as the Good Book (Camper Van Builder) say's learn forgiveness
Are you a Love Child of mine per chance, or perhaps i'm one of yours, we both obviously see out of the box
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I dont think mr bailey leak had a tag axle.....so that is irrelevant to this discussion. Which is over anyway as Bailey admitted there was a fault. There was no 'design feature' of the leaky roof (or incorrect parking :rofl:) it was deemed to be faulty manufacturing.....so why are you still saying it was a feature ??:doh:
Such faith in humanity and how gullible are you
Bailey told an irate customer exactly what he wanted to hear and if I said I think you are right too you would curl up in a ball and purr all night so here you are, YOU ARE 100% Correct
But please note it changes nothing
I also ask why do you give more credence to what he says, than what I do, Don't answer Il'l tell you..... Its because its what you want to hear and its so much easier
To get were I am you have to wrestle with logic and common sense and accept that there are better van designers and builders out there than on this forum.

Now Back here in the real world

Having made a complete prat of himself listing all his problems on open forums and realising he had just sealed his own fate as well as his van if he ever decided to sell his leaking tub, He says they put it right, of course they did he would say that wouldn't he.
Believe me it still lets water in and it still lets water out(y) and he will have to live with it :rolleyes:
ps The world aint flat either :) when my mate stands in Austrailia I cant see his head thro a telescope, Sorry that's irrelevant too, but interesting just the same:cool:

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
@Geo Like you I used to be a Vehicle Tech and then worked for a Bailey dealer. Nothing these days is fool proof as technology tries to make things lighter so people can carry more in there motorhomes. Something has got to fail at sometime.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Bailey told an irate customer exactly what he wanted to hear and if I said I think you are right too you would curl up in a ball and purr all night so here you are, YOU ARE 100% Correct
I also ask why do you give more credence to what he says, than what I do, Don't answer Il'l tell you..... Its because its what you want to hear and its so much easier
To get were I am you have to wrestle with logic and common sense and accept that there are better van designers and builders out there than on this forum.

Now Back here in the real world

Having made a complete prat of himself listing all his problems on open forums and realising he had just sealed his own fate as well as his van if he ever decided to sell his leaking tub, He says they put it right, of course they did he would say that wouldn't he.
Believe me it still lets water in and it still lets water out(y) and he will have to live with it :rolleyes:
ps The world aint flat either :) when my mate stands in Austrailia I cant see his head thro a telescope, Sorry that's irrelevant too, but interesting just the same:cool:
OK not a flat earther, next test, do you think the Apollo moon landings took place?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

To get were I am you have to wrestle with logic and common sense and accept that there are better van designers and builders out there than on this forum.[/quote]
I take offence at your comments above Geo, I know that you've quoted Cola but they certainly are aimed at several of us, not just him.

As the 'fault' has now been sorted he no longer has a waterfall so he doesn't have to 'live with it' therefore I don't have to "believe" your assumption on this as IMV it is wrong.

I am asking myself "who made you 'the all knowing being' of how motorhomes are built"? Did you see the original postings by the chap with the waterfall? No, you didn't. Did you see some of the original further comments? No, you didn't. You have actually very little information about the situation this chap found himself in and saying in effect that he and Bailey were 'lying' about the actual fault.

I am ashamed that you feel it is okay to criticise someone for a 'fault' which he had on his motorhome and for getting it rectified as well as having the balls to put it on the internet for others to see and learn from. If people are criticises for this simply because they don't meet your 'view' then it will only put off others from posting their experiences of 'faults' and the rectifications that were done ... if that happened a lot of us wouldn't know about things that NEEDED attention and would end up finding out the hard way.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Geo Like you I used to be a Vehicle Tech and then worked for a Bailey dealer. Nothing these days is fool proof as technology tries to make things lighter so people can carry more in there motorhomes. Something has got to fail at sometime.
Hi pops, interesting that you worked for a Bailey dealer ... can you recall how many of these so called 'waterfall design features' you had reported to you and had to rectify?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I take offence at your comments above Geo, I know that you've quoted Cola but they certainly are aimed at several of us, not just him.

As the 'fault' has now been sorted he no longer has a waterfall so he doesn't have to 'live with it' therefore I don't have to "believe" your assumption on this as IMV it is wrong.

I am asking myself
"who made you 'the all knowing being' of how motorhomes are built"?

Did you see the original postings by the chap with the waterfall? No, you didn't. Did you see some of the original further comments? No, you didn't. You have actually very little information about the situation this chap found himself in and saying in effect that he and Bailey were 'lying' about the actual fault.

I am ashamed that you feel it is okay to criticise someone for a 'fault' which he had on his motorhome and for getting it rectified as well as having the balls to put it on the internet for others to see and learn from. If people are criticises for this simply because they don't meet your 'view' then it will only put off others from posting their experiences of 'faults' and the rectifications that were done ... if that happened a lot of us wouldn't know about things that NEEDED attention and would end up finding out the hard way.[/QUOTE]

REMEMBER FIST ONE TO GET ANGRY HAS LOST THE ARGUMENT

You are starting to get personal so for information only
I googled "Who gives a S**t
My name wasn't in the list ;)

There's 98% of the problem :rolleyes:

I am happy that you now recognise my qualifications.(y)

And yet here you are lambasting me because I don't share yours or someone elses view
Really !!!! Im sure Cola can fight his own battles too and reply should he/she feel the need

Geo

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I think if I was a certain trader personage on here, I would adhere to the wise words of Mark Twain.....

'It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.'

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Firstly Geo can you please amend the 'quote' in your post #72 above as it was you who actually said that, not me - from the way you've cut out the rest of the text it makes it look like I said it though ... gotta keep things accurate you know!!!

REMEMBER FIST ONE TO GET ANGRY HAS LOST THE ARGUMENT

You are starting to get personal so for information only
I googled "Who gives a S**t
My name wasn't in the list ;)

There's 98% of the problem :rolleyes:

I am happy that you now recognise my qualifications.(y)

And yet here you are lambasting me because I don't share yours or someone elses view
Really !!!! Im sure Cola can fight his own battles too and reply should he/she feel the need

Geo
I'm not angry so not sure who you're referring to there ... you'd know if I was! :boxing:

Nothing to do with your view Geo, but to do with the way your postings are dismissive of anyone else and coming across as rather condescending too IMV. As for the chap who had the original problem with his Bailey, at first you were saying it was his fault for the way he parked ... do you remember that! :oops:

Are you a bit confused dear?:rolleyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
S**t ....... You mean were Not on Out and About Live:doh:

It does rather look like Mr Minxy is now on a crusade, I like a fool am responding, my apologies
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back