Own up then! Who drives a German registered MH? (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
image.jpeg

Staying on a site in Roses in Spain and just spotted this satellite dish on a German MH

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can't believe that Bailey:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Them Funsters are everywhere >>>>
a-yellowish-orange-smiley-face-satellite-antenna-attached-to-a-wooden-ffm7dn.jpg
images
Can you name this member??

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'd like to own a German Motorhome.
But DVLA wouldn't register our Hobby as a Hobby, (something to do with their computer.)
so we had to register it as a F(ix) I(t) A(gain) T(ony)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does anyone know how this was resolved? if it was.
At first they told him there was nothing wrong with it as it wasn't doing any harm as the compartment is sealed from the rest of the van. After lots of hassle they agreed to take it back to the factory I think it had to go back a second time maybe even a third.

I used to have a fair bit of respect for Baily as a manufacturer of caravans, family run company that actually use their vans and even road test them with engineers in them (have special dispensation from Bristol police) I have also been to their factory at the time much better organised than Swift. Then... it went downhill when they produced that thing, a cut up caravan plonked on the back of a Fiat and called it a Motorhome. Lost their way should have stuck to caravans.:LOL:

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
It might be a while ago but I am still in a state of despair that Bailey could say it IS NORMAL.
It has really got to me.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I take it that there is a wooden frame going right along the inside of the body, obtaining the water from that tank at the front where it is stored to make an adequate supply to rot out the entire vehicle. Both side? at least it be equally heavy on each side.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What actual information are you basing that statement on ? Have you got facts and figures which give numbers sold and percentages of those that have leaks? Or is it just guessing. Roy
Having owned British built caravans that had more water in the walls than my garden pond also I did work in the industry for 10 years. Personaly have known several Swift owners who have had to return new caravans less than a year old that had to go back to the factory due to water ingress problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back