owlsnest (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2016
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
NIESSMAN ARTO69G
Exp
5 YEARS
Hi just found the website looks like fun,we are 3 myself(Rob,christine and our little spaniel Bracken), we love taking our Arto69 (Hetty) abroad, we would also like to get involved with rallying,look forward to meeting up, off to France and Spain 6 weeks 8th September if any members are travelling same time.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. You have certainly come to the right place if you like rallies, plenty of them happening this summer. Mind you, don't expect the "round the flag" type rallies of the CC and C&CC - one we ain't is stuffy.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mind you, don't expect the "round the flag" type rallies of the CC and C&CC - one we ain't is stuffy.

I have yet to go on any rally that has been 'stuffy' - a form of 'flag' usually needs to be done at any rally though - since it merely represents the time and place where the Marshal/organiser tells the attendees what the 'arrangements' are - eg where the water taps are, and the cassette and 'grey' tank emptying points, and anything the site owner wants or doesn't want you to do. Also - say the Organiser/Responsible person(S) intend to semi organise any type of either competition or entertainment or 'get togethers' with or without food - that's when they'd tell you about it.

Then say kids competitions had some medals, gifts or prizes (or the adult ones LOL) or a raffle or something, maybe for charity - you'd also want to announce the amount raised - abd hand out the prizes for that - so another such meeting towards the end is often the place.

Furthermore - it's also the time and place for one of the ralliers to stand up on behalf of all the participants - and blooming well say Thank You to those who've been arsed to take the trouble to get it organised, and usually to ask all to show their own appreciation with a round of applause.

It riles me no end actually to see any denigration of such things - which only happen to inform and also to be ordinarily polite, since in my whole life the only slightly FORMAL 'flags' I have ever been required to attend - were at Cub Scout camps when my mate happened to be Akela and I was just an extra adult helper and which admittedly, way back then, included the Promise and a prayer.

They're more likely to be an invitation to bring your own chairs and cups of tea/coffee etc, or glasses of wine round about X o'clock and we'll have a get together. In fact - most folk usually bring extra whatever, for sharing. Totally informal but rarely compulsory - so don't then complain nobody invited you to the karaoke or the barbecue - whatever - cos you couldn't be bothered to go and hear what was in the pipeline!

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome Rob,christine and Bracken.
We constantly tour Europe, so hopefuly we wilk bump in to you one day and share a beer or two. Our little two dachshunds would love go say hi to Bracken too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun