ovivo to good to be true

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Busman, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Busman

Busman Funster

gone tits up and left me well and truly in the lurch. my wife is terminally ill and I use my mobile number a lot to converse with Hospice/Mcmillan/palliative care etc and I've just been cut off, we've had 14months of bad news and this is just another hassle we don't need.
    Dave & Carol

2. Phill D

Phill D

sorry to hear of your troubles you truly have my sympathies.

i also have an ovivo sim, which use in emergency;

it seems it was too good to be true and i know from inside knowledge that Vodafone ( the network they were using ) were more than a bit miffed and exerting pressure.

on their web site:

Dear OVIVO Customers,

We are very sad to announce that for reasons beyond our control, OVIVO Mobile is closing down on the evening of Wednesday 19th March 2014.

We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and friendship over the last two years.

To keep your OVIVO number, just fill out this form, and we’ll send you your PAC code.

PAC code request form
    To request a PAC code please complete the form below. There is no need to request a PAC code if you do not wish to keep your number. We will arrange for your PAC code to arrive as quickly as possible but there is a high demand for this service.

3. Busman

Busman Funster

sorry to have posted that, now getting a sim off Vodafone.
    Dave

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Wonderful! :Angry:

This is a major problem ... our '3' internet is cr*p, our T-mobile phones have a problem and now our Ovivo sim is stuffed too ... so we have NO real consistent way to contact the outside world ... hubby will NOT be happy and I must admit I feel awful at having recommended Ovivo not that long ago to others! :Blush:

Does anyone know HOW to get the credit back that they have of ours or has that also gone poof??????

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  5. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

We also have / had one that we used as a backup - the network coverage with Vodafone was better than O2 and was great to have in the MH when on the road.

Looking for a replacement now but don't want a second contract.

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

i expect in the small print, the contract makes payments non refundable. somewhere along the line the service had to pay its way. with what seems like a rapid uptake of the free services, it just couldnt work

sorry but i would think you and many others will be last in a long list of people left high and dry.

7. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Yes, I feel really upset about this. It's been a fantastic service up to now and I am upset that I had recommended it to others in good faith.

Wyn:Angry:

8. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I knew it! I saw some recommendations on this forum, bought a data SIM from them exactly a month ago... :Doh:

...used it for one weekend...crap signal... :Sad:

My special superpower....the ability to force a technology/tech. company into disappearing by deciding to buy the product...grows stronger :cry:

I'm not sure what I'm more annoyed by...the £20 wasted on the SIM or the time I wasted getting the thing to work.

9. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Dave, please continue to give Carol my love. I think of her in my 'prayers', Buddhist, often. Please give her a hug from me.

Sorry to hear about the phone business. I often think that with the money that phone companies make, there should be a free number (cost to the phone companies) in every hospice for relatives to phone... it really does mount up when someone you love is in there. Joy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

You can request your PAC here:
    http://www.ovivomobile.com/

By law, Ovivo (and any other mobile / virtual provider) must release your PAC - there are a few exceptions (debt on account, police investigation etc), but they won't apply in your case.

You must use that PAC within 30 days - otherwise it'll expire.
    Ordinarily if you go over the 30 days you can just apply for another. In this case, I wouldn't be certain that Ovivo will be a position (or around) to supply a replacement.

11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

For anyone who wants a SIM as a spare, I think Three PAYG is about the cheapest. Asda PAYG now uses the EE network and is reasonably low priced.

12. Busman

Busman Funster

Well due to my circumstances didn't bother looking to hard for "the deal" so went back to Vodafone 250min 500texts 250mb data £9pm 12mth contract, first 3mths £4.50pm so about £8pm over the year. just the little detail of getting my number back now :RollEyes:
    Dave.

13. Allanm

Allanm Funster

ßu∂∂e® ! :cry:

14. Minxy Girl

That to me seems to mean that Ovivo were recently taking money from people for their sim under false pretences as they knew there was a MAJOR issue with their 'product'. It also makes me think that that is why they have recently been INCREASING the number of minutes in the allowance to entice even more 'mugs' to pay money to them, and swell their OWN bank balances with our 'credit' money as they KNEW it was all going to go 'pop'! That is FRAUD! Pyramid selling in another form. I think I might see if there is anything that can be done from this angle ... even if I don't get anything back there's no way the people who own the business lining their pockets at other people's expense and getting away with it! :Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Apply to Ovivo for your PAC http://www.ovivomobile.com/
    Give your PAC to Vodafone
    Your number will normally transfer at latest over the next work day night. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  16. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Yes my PAC code was emailed to me today.

Wyn

17. Minxy Girl

18. Busman

Busman Funster

Wyn when did you ask for it. xid mine Bout 9.00 last night and nothink yet. still recieving calls and txts.
    Dave.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  19. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

May have been later-around 22.00. Text still working! but not calls. Jean requested her PAC around same time but not heard yet (as far as I know)

20. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

I think, they are supposed to give your PAC number within two hours, but I guess they are no longer playing by the rules. Requested mine about 10pm last night, with nothing yet. Further, again I think, by asking for a PAC number you are terminating any contract that you might have had with them and so you can whistle for anything you might have been entitled to. Not that you would have got anything anyway.