LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian...With the greatest of respect,pray tell me what were you expecting to find in a desert. :winky: :Smile: ::bigsmile:

Being the first time there I did not know they had violent winds that fills all cavities with sand. Sand and mechanics don't mix in my books.

Apart from that it was a good experience. Bit like St Annes on a hot day.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dave .my advise is get to kenitra take the cost road to rabat . just after salle cross river then turn right keep the sea on you right . skirt the medina by being on the road closest to sea. always try to stay on the very coast road .be it a white /yelow road on the mithchy maps. hit casa by the sea. again follow the sea . stay on the very coast . same at safi stay close to the sea . dont follow their signs folow the sea. coast rd all the way almost . thats what we do now loads of places to park .
skirat plage.
coast road just before eljadida by ship wreck.
cap beddouza turn right by lighthouse /park on r,about at bottom of hill.
we find it better than the motor ways . and much more to sea .
remember we are in big trucks etc so lots of room for you . roads good and lots fun. best way to do it by far.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
brian .you will have to come on a trip with us .sand sea and lots of fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• garypics1 066.jpg
    garypics1 066.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 066.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 066.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 200.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 200.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks for that Al. I normally would take the R320 coast rd from Casablanca but I see that rd has an extension from Rabat which is the R322. The Mich map has a green rd there so must be quite picturesque. Think I will still take the M/way down from Larache to Kenitra though. :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes larache to kenitra non motorway is a bit bumpy .and difficult to do.
we do it sometimes just for practice with new adventurers . but its hard . interesting but hard on the vehicle. but definately coast from kenitra .
safi is easy head to port turn left at the square keep heading for the sea . you go through the old pilchard factories . they are mostly knocked down now . past the big power station and phosphate place .
some also camp wild at lalla fatna just north of safi.
we also go to cap tefelney cross the river(very shallow)and again follow the coast that is very nice. bumpy but drive slowly its amazing.you can get to pte imsouane that way . really good.
i really should be there ,must stop looking at this postings . makes me feel like homesick. and i,m not morocan . haha .wish i was going with you.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
brian. you would be amazed where you can take an artic. one day when we meet now i have a laptop i shall bore you for hours. the trip to gambia is not on here but that was amazing . i keep thinking of a 4x4under the trailer but that could be too much for it.
we do travel with a fiat hymer . it comes with us most years . just drive slowly .if you need it have a tow.
my avatar is actually just after i got pulled out of a river backwards . we used to drive up the river bed to get to one of our wild campsites but a storm the week before messed up the river bed.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We hope too that you will write a blog, all us left behind working will be able to dream...

We were in Morocco twice and both times hardly met a foreigner except for the big camper beach somewhere north of Agadir (forget the name) and the campsite in Agadir. There were a lot of French in Agadir.

Our neighbours on the campsite were an elderly French couple who arrived with the largest/longest/shinyiest Mercedes coupe car I have ever seen with the largest boot outside a large panel van. If the German Chancellor had stepped out of the car it would have been appropriate.
They had towed the smallest ever Eriba Puck caravan behind them and were setting up for a 3 month stay, really lovely people.

We had to go to Casa to try to sort a few things out and then to Rabat. We walked a bit around both towns as we stayed for 3 or 4 days in each, found Casa to have more or less only Moroccans and a real insight into the can-do people of Morocco. We loved it as it was a real part of Morocco and the city that many young people all over Morocco appeared to aspire to going to (for work maybe?). Oh yes, for us less hassel there too.

Which MH will you take Dave and sorry if this is a silly question but think you have 2?

We met a lot of young Moroccans in internet cafes, some very interesting views on the world in general and Morocco in particular. Surprised the Arab spring has taken so long...

Like to wish you both a wonderful time, you can't but help to have adventures on a trip like that, and like others wish we were coming along too.

Jamie

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am really enjoying this thread and a holiday I can go on as a single person::bigsmile:, try booking a a package holiday for one.........................:Sad:

I am really looking forward to Morocco..............::bigsmile:

Good input Al...........:thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
brian. you would be amazed where you can take an artic. one day when we meet now i have a laptop i shall bore you for hours. the trip to gambia is not on here but that was amazing . i keep thinking of a 4x4under the trailer but that could be too much for it.
we do travel with a fiat hymer . it comes with us most years . just drive slowly .if you need it have a tow.
my avatar is actually just after i got pulled out of a river backwards . we used to drive up the river bed to get to one of our wild campsites but a storm the week before messed up the river bed.

Alan, would you drive to Gambia now as against a few? years ago?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Don't know if Al would drive down to the Gambia now but am sure he knows Torson the Norwegian that has driven down there every year for the last 10 in a 40 year old converted Volvo bus.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you never know john you might find a nice young lady. to spend your hoilday with.
dont give them any drink though. well water and tea only.
its impossible to do all of maroc in one trip.
volubiss just north of meknes is a must .its a roman town. fantastic . come out of the driveway .turn left not far is parking on the right by some water fonts .stop there a few days is goodfun.
the mountains the desert all takes trip after trip. just parking by a desert well and sit and watch /talk to the locals and visitors to the well is amazing . hundreds of goats then hundreds of camels . never mind the people . coaches, trucks . filling with water . mind blowing.
they are far more giving than taking. share their last bit of food with you.
a desert well ,then the fonts near volubis .then washed out road near a lake at ksar-el-kebir. we got past then had to turn round as the road ended and get past again. thats life.

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 196.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 196.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 391.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 391.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 416.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 416.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 422.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 422.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 90

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dave you mean the one with all the m,bikes in the back?there is also the german manfred with the maggydeutz . so many . how do we let the world know how many have the adventure of their lives. you must know roger and peter the dutch that have been going every year since the 70,s.toyota and l,rover. bet we know more their than we do here.
like i say ask if they have seen alibaba with the big white truck ,they will know where i am if i,m in maroc or here at home.most call my son tick shbila after a maroc nursery rythm he sings . tick shbila tiwl iw la. . even he speaks arabic. thought he was going to marry and live there once.
the road down to gambia is geting easier but getting the visa is getting harder again. we go past dakla and go into the minefields to the beaches . they have cleared alot . new hotel,s going up there in places.
we got brought back out of algeria one year by the army . algerianarmy we told them we thought we were still in maroc . only half way across algeria but it worked. good adventure but we were lucky . too much going on at that side now alot of military out there . specially round ougda . we got refused access early this year didnt realise there was so much rioting going on there.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well the day has finally arrived. We will be on route soon. If Roadrunner can find his way to Dover unassisted we should meet up at some-point tonight. The plan is to..........Oh dear there is no plan. Should be interesting. Seriously instead of driving directly to Algeciras we will be driving via Millau to spend a few days with some old friends in area 66,then down to Benidorm for a few days and if the plan works onto some relatives in Murcia. After R&R there, onto the boat for Tangier. Just panicking now in-case have forgotten something.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Dave!

If you fancy a stop at my place when coming back from Millau it will be a great pleasure ! I am not at home from saturday 31st to Monday 2sd night . let me know! I Have some champagne left :winky:

Whatever you'll choose to do .... have a nice time and safe travel

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We wish a safe journey to yourself and Road Runner. Have a great trip and let us know how things are going.
Most of all, enjoy and have Fun.

Brisey.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dave, Hope you have a wonderful trip, Dave. If you do go to Frankie's give her a big hug from me. Don't forget the sun cream :Sad:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave!

If you fancy a stop at my place when coming back from Millau it will be a great pleasure ! I am not at home from saturday 31st to Monday 2sd night . let me know! I Have some champagne left :winky:

Whatever you'll choose to do .... have a nice time and safe travel

Amicalement please.

Frankie::bigsmile:
Sounds excelent Frankie.........Can you pm me with an address please.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
What an excellent adventure, I don't think we would be so brave only going the known route, go for it I say or you will regret it when you are in your later years.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have a good one you two. the restof the gang are sat on tahazoute beach so i,m told . parking on the old campsite is 20dh . but may be able to barter. i would . seems there is quite a uk contigent down there at moment. keep us in touch with your travels . have fun . you could be missing out now .the ground is dry here i think first time for two months . even the lawn is drying up. amazing . see you when you get back. inshallah.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have a great trip all will be watching out for any news from you and RoadRunner , most things can be had along the way if forgotten ...as long as you have your passports, monies, passwords, medications and details n copies of important stuff you will do fine :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Have FUN :thumb::thumb:

John n Kath xx

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Overwintering in Morocco

I had to visit the clinic in Agadir last year the doctor examined me then sent me for an X ray, I was thinking oop's! this is going to cost us, the doc then saw me again and the bill was 280 dirhams plus 90 dirhams for antibiotics, I don't remember the exchange rate then but I think the bill was about 30 something pounds, which I thought was good value.
We are here in morocco now and we have had wall to wall sunshine for weeks. :thumb: Bambi 2

We both have ADAC support re, breakdown and recovery with travel insurance.

The private clinics in Morocco are very good,but of coarse you need medical cover.I wouldn't want to go to a normal hospital out there. A friend was bitten by a dog a few years ago and I took them to the hospital in Agadir for stitching and injections. The place was a huge new modern building on the outside but when entering the doors it looked like some sort of field hospital from the Crimea. The private clinics are top notch though,so I wouldn't have any problem taking RR there to have any other bits removed if necessary.:Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good to know you are on the road and starting your travels have a safe and fun trip both of you and keep us posted, sounds as if the non plans are shaping up well.:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Have a great safe time you two and keep posting to let us know you are well and having a nice time oh and Happy New Year:thumb:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
[HI][/HI]
Well the day has finally arrived. We will be on route soon. [HI]If Roadrunner can find his way to Dover unassisted [/HI]we should meet up at some-point tonight. The plan is to..........Oh dear there is no plan. Should be interesting. Seriously instead of driving directly to Algeciras we will be driving via Millau to spend a few days with some old friends in area 66,then down to Benidorm for a few days and if the plan works onto some relatives in Murcia. After R&R there, onto the boat for Tangier. Just panicking now in-case have forgotten something.

Did John find his way as I think I saw his van in Asda Swansea Tuesday am !

Enjoy Morocco.

Rob
:thumb:

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Overwintering in Morocco

Was on the beach yesterday and the price has gone up! it's 25dirhams now, just 4 Brit vans there, but a group including Kevin is on it's way. bambi 2

have a good one you two. the restof the gang are sat on tahazoute beach so i,m told . parking on the old campsite is 20dh . but may be able to barter. i would . seems there is quite a uk contigent down there at moment. keep us in touch with your travels . have fun . you could be missing out now .the ground is dry here i think first time for two months . even the lawn is drying up. amazing . see you when you get back. inshallah.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back