Overwintering in Morocco. (2 Viewers)

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Your experience

Have been thinking about overwintering in Spain this year and then over to Morocco. But having given it more than a little thought over the last few days have decided to head straight for Morocco instead of touring Spain.
Hoping to be out there sometime at the beginning of January, returning end of April when the weather is getting warmer there. In the past have usually left the UK end of September and stuck it out in Spain till the New year,then headed off to Agadir for the colder months,but because of hospital appointments etc its been later before I could go. The bus is almost ready,all I now need is to make sure my body is up to the trip.:Doh:
My main man RR hopefully will be accompanying me on this trip, so should be interesting,as he wont have any TV for sometime:cry:. We will try to give some details as we go along,photos etc, but it will depend on Moroccan Internet cafes. Am really getting excited about this trip now as its been 2 years since I was away long term. Will keep you all posted nearer the time of departure.

Hi
Are you back from Morocco and if so where did you go and what was your experience of it please?
Gaudie

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi
Are you back from Morocco and if so where did you go and what was your experience of it please?
Gaudie
Yes we are back...............Eermmm.... Theres a whole thread here of where we went, please don't ask me to type that lot out again.:ROFLMAO:

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Thank you

:thumb:
Yes we are back...............Eermmm.... Theres a whole thread here of where we went, please don't ask me to type that lot out again.:ROFLMAO:

Can I take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU :thumb: Snowbird, VW Alan, Road Runner, Scotjimland, Voyager Stan and anyone else who posted some very useful info on this thread.

As a result of reading your wonderful adventure in Morocco we have decided to see it for ourselves this winter. :Eeek: We are hoping to sail out around the 17th November, spend a week or so in Spain, then sail to Morocco around the end of November/beginning December.

We have took on board a lot of the info you have all posted, but if there is anything you feel we need to know/do, then a pm or an add on to this thread would be very much appreciated, baring in mind we will be in our 38foot RV.

Thanks again Sue & Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Sue and Dave, Am sure you will have a great time and with luck we will maybe catch up with you out there. Dont worry about the RV, Many have taken large vehicles out there, I once travelled out there with a friend with a 40 ft Discovery and Fiat Doblo toad.
I have personally travelled out there with a 36 ft with 20 ft trailer and although its not ideal I had no problems. Make sure your insurance will cover Morocco as I always had to get local insurance with the RV. Thanks for the kind words and am happy to be of assistance.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. try not to be too quick getting to morocco. november can be a rainy month . end of first week in dec is better . plus if you have 90days there its not too cold win spain when you come back in march.
my experiance tells me april is windy and sand blows around as the trade winds pick up. have gone later and not enjoyed it so much. but a desert storm is something to be in once. but have a good time.thousands cant be wrong.cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back