Overweights Beware (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I run a Swift Esprit and am very pleased with it. It's my fourth Swift so either I am crazy (totally possible) or they can't be that bad.

I find it funny reading the posts about leaky Kontiki and Watertrails from posters who believe that a vehicle with headlights that explode, at £1500 a time are high quality.:whistle:

Not everyone can afford, or wants a Continental motorhome. Those who are running fifteen year old British, or Continental vans, are having as much fun as the rest of us, for less money. So who is right?

The idea is to have FUN, not whinge.

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Can I ask if they looked at individual axle wts or just the overall total?

Dick

They weighed both axles separately and just totalled them. They were not interested in axle weights, just the gross.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I run a Swift Esprit and am very pleased with it. It's my fourth Swift so either I am crazy (totally possible) or they can't be that bad.

I find it funny reading the posts about leaky Kontiki and Watertrails from posters who believe that a vehicle with headlights that explode, at £1500 a time are high quality.:whistle:

Not everyone can afford, or wants a Continental motorhome. Those who are running fifteen year old British, or Continental vans, are having as much fun as the rest of us, for less money. So who is right?

You are right, it doesn't matter if you have spent a lot or a little as long as you got use and enjoyment from what you have.

Martin

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Never had our van weighed and that's the route we are taking next week,should pass Angouleme next weekend.:unsure:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

We hear more about them probably because there are more of them in UK. A lot of the digs are tongue in cheek, though

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We hear more about them probably because there are more of them in UK. A lot of the digs are tongue in cheek, though
Yes.

So was my comment.:)

I like the banter on here and I don't take offence easily. Probably just as well bearing in mind my life experiences!:rolleyes:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We can all learn a lesson. Don't buy from a company that is willing to attempt to use threatening behaviour .

It would be a very brave or foolish company that with the amount of complaints you read about their products just on this website would hire a lawyer to silence a voiced opinion.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I thought April Fool's Day was over already ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back