Overnite at Birkenhead

Discussion in 'Wild Camping' started by Wanderingmac, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac Funster Life Member

Hi is it safe to overnite at Birkenhead in order to catch morning ferry to Belfast? Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Gooney

Gooney Funster

As safe as anywhere else in this country, last time I went through there I never noticed any Cannibals boiling their pots to cook unsuspecting strangers:RollEyes:

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

If you belong to the Caravan Club, they have a site on the Wirral not too far from the ferry terminal. Google maps suggests its 11.2 miles away.

Station Rd,
    Thurstaston,
    Merseyside,
    CH61 0HN
    01516 485228

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Head down to New Brighton sea front and park up near the old coastguard lookout which is near the sailing club,the night fishers use that and you are about 3-4 miles away.
    If possible and you want to stay at the terminal it may be wise to ask,I think the truckers do that,BUT they may be some 'professional ladies' who may wish to entertain you.
    I live about 3 CL/CS at Arrowebrooke farm which is very quiet http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4399

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  5. Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac Funster Life Member

Caravan club site

Thanks for that. I am member of club but as its May bank holiday can only get two previous nights booking but none for the Saturday night. I have stayed there often. Lovely site.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Hmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was approached by a young lad in Liverpool once upon a time !!! "Look after yer motor Mr." he said, "No thanks I have a huge Rottweiler in here !"

"Nice dog" came the retort......."Can he put out fires ?":Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: