Overnighting in Hawick

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by GJH, Jul 12, 2012.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've received the following information for adding to my web site. As the contributor says, the information deserves to be publicised.

• Like Like x 9
  2. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Please when you are heading north try and give this town some support.
    Its a great wee stopover, a 2 min walk and you are in town. This place is trying hard to encourage tourists.
    Free Wifi, toilets, and water tap. Parking right beside the river and a nice park to stroll through on the doorstep.

• Like Like x 4
  3. JackieP

JackieP Funster

How lovely to read this. So refreshing. We regularly head oop north over the border so will keep this in mind. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

We used the aire there in May 2013. We were on are own ie. no other MH's. It's a good spot but I felt a little intimidated during the evening by the number of young people, often 4 to a car, parking on each side of us. The same ones came and went several times and, understandably, they wanted to use the river-side bays even though they are marked for MH use. Personally I would prefer the bays to be those over looking the green park. None of the youngsters parked over there. Incidentally, the toilet facility was well maintained. There are plenty of shops close by and a Lidl within walking distance. The oyster catchers were a little noisy a 5.30am !!

• Like Like x 2
  5. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Funnily enough the young ones were over near the green last night. They came and went several times but all was quiet by 10pm.