Overnighting for the NEC

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Zigisla, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

I plan to go to the NEC in Feb for many accessory bargains and a chat with @eddievanbitz :D. I have read past threads ref staying prior to and many lead to the C&CC sites. I have been on their web sites and it appears that they only book for a few days and not just the one that I will need. Therefore, are there any other sites / places to stay near (ish) by for an over night or maybe for a second evening; depands on how shattered I get parting with cash all day:LOL:. Maybe Up Thurs eve and back again Fri after the show / Sat morning.

2. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Caravan Club, have a temp site at the NEC, but it's expensive. Think about £30-£35 a night.
    We have stayed at Brownhills before as we bought our MH from them, and for us was significantly closer than home and about the only positive thing we have found about them, the pool, Jacuzzi and sauna are good.

Lin :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

Toby Carvery said that they are ok with a motorhome staying overnight in their parking area, so long as I make prior arrangement with the manager and have either an evening meal or breakfast. There is one not far from the NEC

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. lorger

lorger Funster

When we came down in oct fuuny Enough to speak with Eddie and my van is in today getting the jobs done.
    Back to your question we stayed at a hotel in Coventry and on our way to NEC on the Sunday morning we passed a Toby carvery and the car park had about 30 MHs in it so must have stayd the night.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Have stayed at the C & CC site at Kingsbury water park in the past and approx a 15/20 minute drive to the NEC. Have also stayed at Somerswood commercial site which is very close but not cheap!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

C&CC Site at Kingsbury is close as is Sumners Wood in Meriden, both used by visitors to the NEC.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Just looked at that
    Electric bar cafe entertainment (looks naff) and shuttle bus into event
    So we possibly may give it a go for Friday and Saturday make our minds up this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  9. Devon Sue

Devon Sue Funster

We used Lairhillock camp site, as Alan was attending a meeting of an aircraft preservation group he belongs to. I dropped him off at the museum at Coventry Airport and drove to NEC on my own. Site is listed with Camping and Caravan Club, reasonable price and easy drive for NEC.

10. zac

zac Funster Life Member

There is a resevoir/car park near to the NEC where we stayed a few times wild camping. It has loads of spaces and we didnt get any trouble. If interested I will look out the cordinates and PM them over. There is a nice pub across the road which does some good food as well, it gets busy in there though as the C&CC users use it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. KeithChesterfield

KeithChesterfield Funster

We used Chapel Lane CC Site at Wythall a couple of years ago - about 15 minutes drive from the NEC.

We just turned up and there were loads of pitches available despite it saying they were full on the useless Caravan Club online booking site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

If you could @zzzzac that would be great. Never done the "Wild Thing" so maybe a good opportunity to try. I have looked at some of these C&CC sites, but they have a minimum stay, so may have to phone site themselves rather that the online booking site.

13. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

Just checked and the site says it is full so may just give them a call. Do you have to be a member of the CC?

14. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Think non CC members just pay more per night. Always worth calling site as normally some space that they know they have that is not on the web booking system yet. Even if they can't help they will probably know of other places to stay :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Just checked & Chapel Lane does take non members & showing on web booking as full that week but worth a call especially if you only want a night or two
    • Chapel Lane,Wythall,Birmingham,West Midlands,B47 6JX
    • 01564 826483

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Bernie P

Bernie P Funster

We stayed on the CC temporary site last year, expensive yes but conveinient. The evening entertainment looked naff on paper but turned out to be a really good evening (Roy Carter from 70s band Heatwave) glad most of the unsociable one stayed in their vans to watch Eastenders we had a really good view and could get to the bar dead easy.

The thing I was most disappointed about with the whole show was the lack of accessories (our prime reason for going).

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Imbiber

Imbiber Funster Life Member

Another recommendation here for the Stonebridge Toby Carvery > Toby Carvery.

We arrived late one Friday evening and made ourselves known to the manager had a couple of drinks that night and filled up on the Breakfast buffet following morning at 8:00am.

Ideal for the day ahead at the NEC!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. sedge

sedge Funster

Hollyfast near Allesley (near where the Jag. at Browns Lane was) is also relatively near - it is a Club site but they take non members - think I passed on their name on to someone else who couldn't get in at any of the more obvious ones last year - not sure if they stayed there or not. But anyway - I and others are on 'UK Campsites' with reviews. I know they charge £1/night extra when there's anything on at the NEC which tells me a LOT of folk use it for such events!

Pete says the Horse & Jock is nearer the NEC though - and he should know being local. We're not far away, but have no room to house anyone other than us.

I think you'll find the carpark near the reservoir that someone has mentioned, might actually be at Kingsbury Water Park itself (can't personally think of another res that near) and there had used to be a number of their carparks on the various lakes you could get on FoC in the past - but not sure there are ANY now. But anyway the Water Park has a website so have a look if you want to. If the more remote carparks are like the main one, you have to put your money in the slot to lift the barrier to even get in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Padraigpost

Padraigpost Funster

Somers wood caravan site, adults only site, only 5 minutes off NEC
    Don

• Thanks Thanks x 1