Overnight stop near M25 on route to dover for 32ft RV

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by petesam, Feb 17, 2008.

1. petesam

petesam Read Only Funster

Hiya all. can anyone suggest a stop over near to the M25 ( Chertsey area ) whilst on route to Dover. Date required 15th March. Pitch required for 32ft RV. I am a member of Caravan & camping Club but the only reply i get is ` no pitch available for your size of motorhome` ( not much use ) so if anyone can help i would much appreciated it . Regards Peter.

2. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Hi Peter, you can try the Caravan Club site at Alderstead Heath, Mertstham,near Redhill RH1 3AH.....01737 644629.... We stayed there quite a few times in the past.:thumb:

3. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Chertsey has a very nice C&CC site. Stayed there twice now.Used to live down that way.

Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site , Chertsey Campsite review

4. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

5. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Never seemed to have that problem.We are 24" (just)

Would be the ideal site.:Doh:

Maybe Redhill would be the better bet then Martyn.

We have used the Horsley site on many occasions and met up with a guy in a Big "A" class Rv who had no problems.

6. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Peter you know that you can't go inside M25 :cry::cry:

Well you can at £200 a go:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Or is that not applicable yet?

Regards Pat

7. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Hi Pat, I think you'll find that site is just outside Red Ken's retirement fund.:Rofl1:

8. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

But does the LEZ apply to motorhmes yet Martyn?:Confused::Confused::Confused:

9. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Not got a clue Pat,that site is outside the zone though,i've just checked.:BigGrin:

10. petesam

Cheers Martyn, I will ring the CC site you suggest tomorrow.( fingers crossed) . I cannot believe how many sites are frightened of RV`s. Cannot see the point in being a member of the `Club Sites`. Regards Peter.

11. billym

billym Read Only Funster

We were talking about that today.

Clackett Lane services on the other side ( towards Heathrow ) follow the caravan signs. Easy access and quiet.......... honestly

12. olley

olley Funster

Hi agree with billym, stayed there a few times myself on the way down south.

Olley

13. petesam

Will look up Clackett Lane tomorrow. Thanks. I would like to know what other RV ers think about the `Club Sites` and the way they are helped. Regards Peter.

14. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Please don't open up the Caravan Club can of worms concerning RV's. Honestly the attitude between Wardens is so diverse as to be totally unbelievable. I know of one site where the Winter Wardens held an RV Rally and happily took 38ft'ers whilst the Summer Warden says it is impossible for anything over 28ft to get onto the site!

I stayed at Freshwater East in Pembroke on my way to Ireland in my 36ft Cayman towing an 18ft trailer and I have the pictures - but according to the Caravan Club now - it is not possible to get anything bigger than 28ft in due to access problems!

On the other hand I could point you to a site where the Caravan Club says it cannot take anything over 30ft but the Warden let a few RV's stay there at 40ft. I rang him to thank him on behalf of the Big Pitch Guide Members - I asked him why the difference in size allowance and his answer......."Yes, they are big, but if they can get in safely, they are welcome - and anybody with the knowse to drive one of these must be a reasonable driver otherwise he wouldn't be on the road!"

Mo and I have taken the decision to gradually remove all the Caravan Club Sites from the Big Pitch Guide - to replace them with private sites. Nowadays most private sites welcome RV's - and quite a lot of them are cheaper than the Caravan Club, too!

15. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

I'm just debating wether I should renew my membership probably won' t because we're going to be abroad a lot this year so won't get the benefit.

If we were not away so much I would'nt hesitate to renew I've never really had a major problem and they both have some lovelly sites. We're in CC & CCC we have occasionally had the odd warden who's a bit anal, had one in Scotlandmake me move a 34ft RV 3 inches to the left:Doh:.
    We use the big rig list issued by CC or the BPG and always phone ahead and reserve as this saves arguing or being turned down and keeps my stress levels down.

16. petesam

Overnight stop M25

Hiya Martyn , I have just booked a pitch at Alderstead Heath.The chap on the phone was very friendly and seemed pleased to book us in. Thanks for your help & advice. Regards Peter. PS the c&cc site at Chertsey told me nothing bigger than 26ft .

17. thefman

thefman Read Only Funster

if all else fails you can overnight at maidstone services no problem:Smile:

18. PeteH

PeteH Funster

M25 sites

Hi

Not too far away is the CC site at Gatwick (Amberley Fields) I have been on there 4 or 5 times now with 31ft, R-V, as we often put our grandkids on the plane to Houston to see dad. latest was Jan 2008 on way to Dover Via 2 punctures on the M25and M23 If they balk ask for the pitches oposite the toilet block as you can overhang most of them. You have to get used to the Aircraft but it is vastly reduced at night.

Option too is the big layby just off the M23 at J10?, I've had 45ft in there before now, if you can beat the other HGV's in!! there are two one either side of the A264 Copthorne Way and I've just "Googled" them and they still look useable

Pete (on site at Oliva Spain & doing now't!! but drink red wine and eat!! and Surf!!)

19. paulejw

paulejw Deleted User

Motorhome Parking List

Try Motorhome Parking

There will be a list of GPS paid and free parking that motorhomers have added to on there journeys. Try it and if its not yet available add some yourself.

20. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I know we are not that near the M25 but 200 yards away from us is a large lay by (not actually on the A21 but on a turn off just by us, with about 50 car park spaces that is available for the public to park on free.

Obviously no hook ups, but there are no houses nearby.

Regards