LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
hi,we are catching the midnight ferry from dover to calais next april and i dont want to drive too far untill next morning. does anyone know where is best place to park to get a few hours sleep before we set off next morning to belgium. is there a services on the E30 motorway? any help/info would be helpful. i have not been over there since we used to go to the german/belgium F1 grand prix every year,but that was 15 years ago and i expect a lot has changed since then. cheers:thumb:

Attachments

• goa 042.jpg
    goa 042.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 20

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
calais

Hi.

When you leave the ferry go out of the dock and drive back in as if you are returning to the ferries ,you can park up free and safe ,we parked there six weeks ago and the police are around at various times of the night.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
As Griffs has suggested use the Ticket Sales car park at Calais Port. We have used it a few times now without any problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
There is no E30 motorway..........well there is, but it's in Poland.....:Eeek:

Personally, I would head 10k up the road to Gravelines - much quieter places to be found there.

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
We always use Cite Europe and stock up on cheap wine and nice cheeses before moving on

Loddy :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
hi,we are catching the midnight ferry from dover to calais next april and i dont want to drive too far untill next morning. does anyone know where is best place to park to get a few hours sleep before we set off next morning to belgium. is there a services on the E30 motorway? any help/info would be helpful. i have not been over there since we used to go to the german/belgium F1 grand prix every year,but that was 15 years ago and i expect a lot has changed since then. cheers:thumb:

I think you mean the E15. As said above you can park at the Ferry Terminal. Travel up the E15 for 10mins then turn back on youself and there's parking there. Carry on the E15 and there's a Service Area, just prior to the Toll Section that has plenty of parking, (Dont know how safe it is).

Or take the slip road off the motorway immediatley prior to the Toll Booths, you will find somewhere there. Or head toward Guines, there is a good campsite there, takes about 20mins but I dont know whether you would be allowed in at that time of night/morning. If not just park up around Guines.

Or as Loddy say's City Europe, on the E15 prior to the Toll Section

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
There is no E30 motorway..........well there is, but it's in Poland.....:Eeek:

Personally, I would head 10k up the road to Gravelines - much quieter places to be found there.

sorry it would be either E40 or E15.. what is there at gravelines, i dont want to disturb anyone as it would be 02.30--03.00 in the morning.

thanks & cheers for your help

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There is an Aire at Gravelines; there are ?15 spaces on the one side of the road and you park at right angles to the rd (its just the side rd that goes along the river) but you honestly need levelling blocks there - however opposit there is a reallly really wide pavement, which you can easily drive up and parke lengthwise.

It's where the boat-owners park and they get stroppy if you are there when they are - but you will be gone by then, won't you?

You come out of the dock and hang a left along the D940 - takes ?15 mins at that time of night - we've done it!!! Sat Nav takes you right there.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We tend to use a place just off the motorway in Nieuport in Belgium called De Zwerver. It has electric, water, toilets and showers. It costs a minimum of 5 euros 1 euro for the first hour and 50 cents for each hour after.

You get a ticket on the way in and pay at the machine on the way out. (barrier operated)

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back