Overnight stop en route up north (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi all were going to spend a few nights on the maragowan cc site next week.
however our set off time has been delayed due to SWMBO's hospital appointment on tuesday.:cry::cry:
so we have booked to arrive wednesday staying till sunday.::bigsmile:
has anyone got any safe overnight suggestions as we are setting off tuesday evening.
thanks in advance

andy:thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Andy what route are you taking as i see your in north yorkshire are you coming up a1 and around edinburgh way or the m6/m74 if you let me know i give you a few stops also are you talking about wildcamping or camp sites.

Gerry

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi Gerry will be coming up the M6/M74 was thinking more wild camp late night stopover as we don't need to be on site until after lunch.
cheers andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Andy

Thought youd come that way but just wanted to make sure.

Depends where u want to stop if you come off the m74 at Moffat and follow the old road b7076 runs along side the m74 few laybys along here but if you drive about a couple of miles you will see sign for greenhillstairs takes you ovet the m74 about 1/2 mile along you will see a big parking space on right next to forest nice and quiet.

If you drive a little further along the m74 or the b7076/a702 you will come to the small village of crawfordjohn if you drive to the north end you will see a big bit of spare ground a few lorries use it but ok for a night and village has a few pubs.

You could drive further along until abinton drive into village and you will see on the right hand side a sign for wc and small car park with walks down to the river not 100% sure if any signs for no overnighting but cant remember seeing any.

Hope this helps
Gerry

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi dellwood i forgot about Moffat havent been in town centre for a while but like Dumfries police never move anyone on if their sensible.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back